A Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) is an eligible public organization of higher education that has at least 25% Hispanic full-time equivalent undergraduate enrollment. As an HSI STEM grant award recipient, Napa Valley College will be allowed to enhance science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) components, program quality and institutional stability.
Our focus is to strengthen and expand educational opportunities for ALL students and continue to strive at closing the educational achievement gap in our community.
- To increase the number of STEM degrees awarded to Hispanic students
- To increase the number of ALL students transferring to the CSU, UC, and Private College systems declaring a STEM major.
By participating, you will...
- Meet with the STEM Counselor to create an individualized education plan
- Explore STEM majors and career options
- Participate in tutoring, study groups and supplemental instruction
- Use and receive proper training on using state of the art equipment
- Become competitively eligible to transfer to universities
- Meet professionals in your field of interest
- Participate in STEM workshops, activities and special events
- Learn about internships within your field of study