What is WCONLINE, and what services does it offer?
- WCONLINE is a program to help our NVC students receive tutoring help online. WCONLINE is super user-friendly! Once you have registered, you can:
- Make appointments with available tutoring staff
- Receive email and or text reminders for future appointments
- Upload essays and prompts directly to your appointment form
- You can use video, audio, text chat, or a combination of methods to get help during your tutoring session: all in one place!
- Have access to past appointment history and notes
- Message the Writing Success Center for assistance
- Track studying/tutoring hours for course credit or extra credit
- Complete surveys to improve our services
- And more…
What is the difference between Online tutoring and Net Tutor?
- Online tutoring allows you to meet virtually with a WSC tutor in real time. Video/Audio
is available, but not required.
- Net Tutor is a way for you to receive writing help outside of WSC hours.
How do I make a WCONLINE account?
- Click here or follow the link on the WSC webpage, and use your NVC email address to register for an account.
How do I log in to my WCONLINE account?
- Click here or follow the link on the WSC webpage, and enter your NVC email address and the password you created when registering to log in.
How do I make an appointment?
- Go to the WCONLINE page (you can click here or follow the link on the WSC webpage). Click on any open time slot next to a tutor's name.* A box will pop up and prompt you to provide some information regarding your appointment and upload whatever work you would like help with. *Appointments require 1 hour minimum notice.
- Whenever possible, the WSC will honor your tutor preference. Occasionally, we may
need to assign you to a different tutor. This helps us spread out appointments, so
staff are better able to assist students. You will receive an email notification if
any changes are made to your appointment.
How do I clock in/check in for an appointment?
- Once you have logged in to WCONLINE, you will see "CLOCK IN" in the upper left corner. Click on "CLOCK IN" and follow the instructions in the window that pops up.
How do I clock out after my appointment is over?
- Once you clock in, the "CLOCK IN" in the upper left corner will change to "CLOCK OUT". To clock out, click "CLOCK OUT" and follow the instructions in the window that pops up.
ONLINE SESSIONS ONLY: How do I communicate with my tutor during my session?
- When you click on the WSC Zoom Link at the top of the WCONLINE Schedule, you can use video, audio, and/or chat. Tutors and students can use "Share Screen" to review any drafts.
- If you have trouble accessing the WSC Zoom Link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I receive Credit or Extra Credit for my appointment?
- When completing an Appointment Form, check the box indicating your visit is for credit or extra credit. You will also need to provide your instructor's correct email address in the field below and select the course number from the dropdown list. We will email a Post-Session Client Report Form to your instructor for visit verification.
Can I review the tutoring session notes after my appointment?
- Notes will not be available in WCONLINE for sessions taking place in Zoom. If you are using Microsoft Word or another word processor to review your work, you or the tutor will save the document at the end of the session. Anything saved on the tutor's side will be emailed to you. You can also review your document in Google or OneDrive, so any notes are automatically saved.
Please review the following expectations, all of which support our mission and further your continued learning.
- Eligibility: You must be currently registered and enrolled at NVC to use Writing Success Center services.
- Preparedness: Students requesting online sessions are responsible for having their own equipment (laptop, webcam, microphone) in working order and a strong internet connection. We ask that you upload your document and assignment prompt before your appointment. Please use Microsoft Word/Pages documents and save a copy of the document before and after your session. The Writing Success Center is not responsible for any lost work.
- Appointment Reservation: Please reserve appointments at least 1 hour in advance. You can currently schedule a 30-minute tutoring appointment, with a maximum of two appointments made in one day. If you are working on a large project or are a student who needs the accommodation of extra tutoring time, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Appointment Cancellation and No Show Policy: If you cannot make your scheduled appointment, please cancel at least 2 hours before
the appointment is scheduled to begin. If you need to cancel after that point, please
email the Writing Success Center or contact your tutor directly. If you have 3 no-shows in a semester, your account
will be disabled. You will need to contact us in order to have your account enabled
and/or book future appointments.