Honor Society - Phi Theta Kappa
Why join the Honor Society (Phi Theta Kappa)?
- to get connected
- to be an officer on a board
- for potential extra credit!
- to have fun!
- to meet other honor students here and abroad
- to help people
- to enhance my resume/applications
- for valuable experience!
- to give back
- To get involved with my college community
- to get involved with the Napa and surrounding communities
- check http://www.ptk.org/members/benefits.htm for more benefits!
How do I join Beta Beta Sigma/Phi Theta Kappa?
- must have a GPA of 3.5
- for at least 12 transferable units
- you should automatically receive an invitation letter in the fall or spring if you qualify
- The membership fee for qualifying students is currently $95
- pay your one-time (lifetime) fee at the business office (bring your letter)
- some campus groups (SSS, EOPS, etc.) will pay your membership fee for you; please inquire with that group
- PTK asks that you maintain at least a 3.25 GPA as an ongoing member
- if you have lost your letter, see Gina Stofan at the front of the faculty offices
- if you think you qualify but have not received a letter by November or March, see Gina Stofan
- grades older than 5 yrs do not count
- Phi Theta Kappa Regional Website
Find out when and where the regional conferences are, information about regional awards, etc.
- Phi Theta Kappa International Website
Want to Become More Involved?
Email email@example.com for more information about attending meetings and participating in our honor society projects. We are currently holding meetings on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the Month at 1:30pm in person and via Zoom.
Don't Yet Qualify?
You can still become participate in NVC's chapter. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Follow us on Facebook
- Cathy Gillis
Honor Society Faculty Advisor
Nevada/California Associate Regional Coordinator
- (707) 256-7411
2023 Chapter Officers
We have OPEN board positions! Please email advisor Cathy Gillis at email@example.com
- President: Cynthia Pilgrim
- Exec VP: OPEN
- VP of Communications: Cynthia Pilgrim
- VP of Honors in Action: Isabella Hanson
- VPs of the College Project: OPEN
- VP of Finance, Fundraising, and Special Events: OPEN
- VP of Recruitment: OPEN
- ICC REP: OPEN