Research, Planning, and Institutional Effectiveness
The Office of Research, Planning, and Institutional Effectiveness (RPIE) supports college planning activities by:
- providing data and analysis to inform decision-making and monitor institutional effectiveness;
- coordinating the development and implementation of institutional plans;
- ensuring a regular cycle of evaluation aimed at improving programs and services;
- promoting outcomes assessment as a means of measuring and improving student learning and institutional effectiveness;
- and fostering a culture that values and addresses accreditation requirements.
Institutional Learning Outcomes
Students who receive a degree from Napa Valley College will demonstrate the following:
- Communication and Critical Thinking
- Scientific and Quantitative Inquiry
- Global and Civic Awareness
- Intercultural Literacy and Creativity
- Personal, Academic, and Career Development
For additional information on ILO Assessment, visit Student Learning Outcomes Assessment.