Training and Certification Opportunities
Napa Valley College offers a variety of training and certification opportunities in collaboration with industry partners. These professional, high quality classes help students gain the relevant knowledge and skill sets for entry-level work and career advancement opportunities.
Join our FREE 8-day pre-apprenticeship training program in transportation, distribution, and logistics (TDL) as an entryway in a long-term career in commercial trucking. Combining classroom instruction and hands-on training, you will receive CDL Class A permit preparation, OSHA 10-hour General Industry Safety and Health certification, Warehouse and Forklift Safety training, COVID-19 Safety training, and hands-on forklift training and certification.
- Cost: FREE
- Dates: Oct. 02, 2023 to Oct. 10, 2023 and Dec. 04, 2023 to Dec. 12, 2023
- Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Location: NVC Main Campus, 2277 Napa-Vallejo Highway, Napa, CA 94558
- For more information: Call or email Leticia Naranjo at (707) 714-1351 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- To schedule a registration appointment: https://calendly.com/lnaranjo_nvc/caljobs_app
Northern California Teamsters Apprentice Training - CDL Class A/B
Teamster’s Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics (TDL) Apprenticeship Program was developed to provide the Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics industries with a skilled professional workforce. It encompasses trade skills, customer service, and safety. The Apprenticeship process is composed of classroom and on the job training.
The classroom and hands‐on training consist of the following courses:
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or Class B CDL
- Professional Foundation Skills
- 10 Hour OSHA General Industry Safety & Health
- Forklift Theory
- Hazmat Transportation Awareness
- First Aid/CPR
Students who complete the TDL Pre-Apprenticeship Training receive 30 points towards their application selection ratings composite score.