Training & Development
The Office of Human Resources, Training & Development values and understands the continual growth and development of our employees is essential in order to best prepare our students for evolving roles in a diverse, dynamic, and interconnected world.
Colleges with strong and supportive professional development programs demonstrate an increase in student retention and performance in addition to overall student success. NVC is committed to supporting and encouraging the improvement of activities for classified professionals in order to provide a broad range of educational approaches which includes professional development as part of its Strategic Plan and Institutional mission. Below are links to the new guidelines for Classified Professionals, Professional Development Activity form, and list of goals for the funding sources.
- Guidelines for Professional Development Requests
This document is updated regularly to reflect current Business Office’s processes and procedures. If you have any questions, please contact the Business Office.
- Professional Development Activity Form (PDF)
- Professional Development Activity Form (DocuSign)
- Quick Directions to Submit for Professional Development Activity
- Recommended Online/Virtual Courses through CCC Vision Resource Center
KEYSS Program Application (closed)
- Thank you for your interest in the 2021 KEYSS program. Unfortunately, the application period for the program is now closed. We encourage you to apply next year when the program will be offered again.
KEYSS Program Cohort 1 BOT Presentation: Thursday, February 10, 2022
Upcoming Training Events
Behaviors Of Concern w/Napa Valley College CARE Team
- 9/28/2022 12:00 PM
- How can I help? What should I do? How to Identify? What resources are available here at NVC to help you & others? Please note: You do not need to register to attend this training. Please add this to your calendar and save the Zoom login information below:Zoom Login Information:
- Zoom ID: 835 6784 9112
- Passcode: 907248
SharePoint L200 Session w/Microsoft Staff
- 10/5/2022 11:00 AM
- Microsoft Teams
- REGISTRATION LINK: https://aka.ms/NVSharePoint105This course expands on more advanced features of SharePoint sites, focusing on Site Ownership and Architecture. Attendees of this course can expect to learn about sharing permissions, workflow management, content types, and various site architecture components for building effective team sites. Please note: Since this training is being taught via Microsoft Teams, this training will be open to all classified and administrative/confidential staff.