Skip to main contentSkip to footer content

Application Procedures for Tuition Assistance

Military tuition assistance are benefits​​ paid to eligible members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard.


How Does Military Tuition Assistance Work?

Your Veteran Services Specialist is a great resource to help provide you with information about the admissions process, applying to Napa Valley College (NVC), TA for military and more.

For a general overview of what steps you will need to take, we have created the guide below:

1.    Determine Your Benefits

  • Utilize the above links to review TA requirements and apply through the appropriate branch of service. 
  • Submit the receipt of TA approval to the NVC Veteran Services Specialist.

2.    Choose Your Degree Program

  • Meet with an NVC Veterans Counselor for assistance in choosing a degree or certificate program and to create an Education Plan with required classes.
  • Speak with your Veterans Counselor to determine if any of your military experience or credits will transfer to NVC.

3.    Enroll and Start Classes

  • Complete the enrollment process with the Veteran Services Specialist.
  • A few weeks before classes start, check with your branch of service to determine if any additional TA paperwork is required for payment.
  • Start classes. Utilize all of the student and academic services available to you at NVC, including veteran's book vouchers, library and librarians, the Veterans Resource Center, Career Services and more. Stay in contact with your Veteran Services Specialist for more information.

4.    Earn Your Degree

  • Start the path to earning your degree by passing your classes.
  • Graduate from NVC, ready to take the next step in your career or educational journey.