The Testing Center is available to proctor exams for students enrolled in Distance Education Programs Monday through Thursday from 10:00am - 3:00pm. Appointments are necessary. Distance education students can make appointments by phone (707) 256-7437 or email email@example.com
Distance Education Learners
The Testing Center offers proctoring services for students enrolled in Distance Education Programs for a per exam fee of $25 cash. Please bring exact amount, we do not carry change. Appointments are available Monday through Thursday from 10:00am - 3:00pm. To use Napa Valley College as your proctor, please review the following steps:
1. Provide your institution and/or professor with the following proctor information:
Name: Daniella Macias
Title: Testing Center Specialist
Phone #: 707-256-7437
Address: TC (Rm. 1764, Bldg. 1700)
2277 Napa-Vallejo Hwy.
Napa, CA 94558
2. Once approved, please call (707) 256-7437 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set an appointment. Appointments fill quickly and there is limited availability; therefore, we ask that you schedule your appointment as soon as you are aware of your test date. Proctor services are not available during finals week. Please check in with us one business day prior to your appointment to confirm your examination has been received.
3. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment for check-in. For parking information, please click here. We charge a $25 per exam proctor fee, payable in cash only. Please bring exact amount, we do not carry change. Photo identification is required; acceptable forms of ID is determined by your institution. Your exam will be administered and returned per the institution/professor instructions. The TC will not accept Federal Express returns. You are also required to follow the Testing Center's guidelines.
The TEAS exam is currently being administered virtually. Please go to the ATI website to register for an exam.
What is the TEAS test?
For more information about the TEAS test, please visit ATI's About the TEAS page.
When are appointments available?
Appointments are listed and booked on the ATI website. Please note: we will not offer a TEAS date in December.
What if I have a documented disability?
If you have a documented disability, please contact Daniella Macias by email at email@example.com or by phone at (707) 256-7437 prior to registration.
What do I do on the day of my appointment?
Please arrive twenty minutes early to allow yourself time to find parking. For more information regarding parking, please click here. Failure to purchase a parking permit will result in a parking ticket. Check-in begins fifteen minutes prior to start time. Late arrivals will be turned away. Individuals must present a valid state or federal photo ID and know their ATI login information. Please note: the name on the ID must match the name used when registering for the test date. Food and drinks are prohibited; water is allowed. Please refrain from bringing personal items. Also, please honor our TC guidelines.
When will I be able to see my results?
Results are available immediately after testing.
If I have additional questions, who do I contact?
If your questions are about the test, please call ATI directly at 1 (800) 667-7531. If you have questions about the testing environment, please contact Daniella Macias by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (707) 256-7437.
What is the WEPT exam?
The WEPT is a requirement for graduation from SSU, as students must demonstrate junior-level writing proficiency in order to graduate. It is recommended that you take it prior to your final semester. The SSU Writing Success Center administers the test, but SSU has arranged for students to complete the WEPT at Napa Valley College's Testing Center.
When is the Testing Center available to proctor this exam?
Appointments are generally available Monday through Thursday starting as early as 10:00am and as late as 3:00pm.
How much time is allotted for the WEPT?
Candidates are permitted a maximum of two hours.
Can I type my essay?
No; you will be using paper and pencil as computer tests are not available at the Napa Valley site.
Steps to take the WEPT at Napa Valley College:
- Email Daniella Macias at email@example.com or call (707) 256-7437 to set up an appointment.
- Arrive about fifteen minutes early. Please bring a $35 check payable to SSU (or a receipt if you have already paid) and $25 (cash only) for the Napa Valley College proctor fee. Napa Valley College also charges for parking; for more information, click here. Please review our office guidelines before arriving for your appointment.
- If you have any questions about the proctoring aspect of the test, please contact Daniella Macias at firstname.lastname@example.org or (707) 256-7437.
What can I do to prepare for the WEPT?
For preparation information and additional information regarding the WEPT, please visit Sonoma State University's WEPT page.
Napa Valley College no longer administers the GED test. Please refer to the GED website, GED.com, for a testing location near you.
How do I register to take the test?
To sign up for the GED, please visit GED.com.
I have already taken the GED. How can I acquire a transcript / certificate?
If you tested on or after 1990, obtain a copy of your transcripts from GED Testing Services.
If you tested at Napa Valley College before 1990, please send email requests to Daniella Macias at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does Napa Valley College offer GED preparation classes?
No, Napa Valley College does not offer GED preparation classes. Napa Valley Adult School offers GED preparation; please clic here or call (707) 253-3594 for more information.
Where can I obtain more information on the test?
For more information about the test, please visit GED Testing Services website. Additional information can be found on California's Department of Education website. If you have further questions, please call GED at 1-877-392-6433 or email help@GEDtestingservice.com.