Students who apply for graduation and have a cumulative 3.5 GPA or higher are invited to apply to be the valedictory speaker.
Eligible honors graduates will receive an email in mid-semester inviting them to submit a Valedictory Speaker Application Form along with their speech.
Eligibility Criteria for Valedictory Speaker Candidates:
- 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher at the time of application.
- Strong extracurricular involvement/volunteerism/work experience/other.
- Strong leadership skills/abilities.
- Ability to effectively convey educational and other relevant experiences both in writing and verbally.
- The majority of the units must have been completed at Napa Valley College.
REVISED KEY DATES TO NOTE ON YOUR CALENDAR
Dates are tentative dates and are subject to change
|Friday, April 12, 2024 by 5 p.m.
|Application form due
|Friday, April 19, 2024 by 5 p.m.
|Students will be notified if they have been invited to present their speech to the
selection committee. Selected finalists will be called to schedule a
10-minute interview appointment.
Thursday, April 25 @ 2 p.m.
or Friday, April 26, @ 9 a.m.
|Interviews: Those selected will interview and make their speech presentation to the Valedictory Selection Committee on this date during a 10-minute virtual appointment.
|Monday, April 29, 2024
|One student speaker will be selected.
Please contact the Office of Student Affairs at (707) 256-7362 if you have any questions about this process.