Committee charges and meeting times:
- The Budget Committee shall oversee, monitor, and make recommendations relative to
- Meetings will be held monthly with additional meetings scheduled around Final Budget (August/September) and Tentative Budget (May).
- The purpose of this committee is to evaluate and make recommendations on matters related to the credit and non-credit curriculum. Course and program additions, deletions, or significant changes or program requirements or in course outlines must be acted upon by this committee. Meeting dates are subject to change when necessary.
- Meeting will be held on the first and third Friday of each month from 9:00 - 10:30.
Distance Education & Technology
- The Distance Education and Educational Technology Committee shall be concerned with matters regarding technology as it impacts instruction and instructional needs.
- Meetings will be held on the third Thursday of every month from 10:00 – 11:00.
- The Faculty Business Committee shall be concerned with matters regarding professional qualifications and equivalencies, full- and part-time faculty hiring procedures, academic rank, faculty emeritus status, faculty ethics and academic freedom, faculty roles in college governance structures, faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes, and other academic and professional matters related to faculty.
Meetings will be held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month from 12:30 – 1:20.
- The Faculty Coach Committee shall be concerned with the Contract Faculty Evaluation Process. The committee will be chaired by the 2nd Vice President of the Academic Senate. The Committee will consist of Academic Senate members serving as coaches for the contract faculty evaluation process.
- Meeting times vary. Committee usually meets once or twice per semester.
- The Planning Committee shall review, revise, and recommend mission and vision statements for Napa Valley College, aligned with college input and accreditation standard updates. Develop and monitor implementation of the Educational Master Plan and the Institutional Strategic Plan, considering long-range projections regarding programs, services, costs, and resources. Regularly review all existing institutional plans (e.g., Educational Master, Institutional Strategic, Facilities Master, Technology Master, Student Equity) for consistency with the college mission, planning philosophy, and accreditation requirements. Coordinate with the Budget Committee to ensure a comprehensive, efficient, and integrated system of planning. Provide leadership for college planning activities that promote broad participation from all segments of the college community, open procedures that foster collegial and civil dialog, and is supported by institutional effectiveness research, program review data, and student learning outcomes assessment.
- Meetings will be held on the first and third Friday of each month from 10:30 – 12:00.
- The Professional Learning Committee shall be concerned with faculty development, including instructional excellence, sabbatical leaves and professional achievements and honors.
- Meetings will be held on the first and third Thursday of each month from 11:00 – 12:00.
- The Academic Senate shall appoint five faculty members (including at least one EOPS counselor) to work with the EOPS/Financial Aid Department on scholarships. These faculty shall serve a three-year term in place of their senate committee work.
- Meeting times vary. Contact Mary Salceda for future meeting dates: MSalceda@napavalley.edu.
Student Success Standards
- The Student Success Standards Committee shall be concerned with the scholastic success of the students at Napa Valley College, the measurement of the degree of success achieved by students, and the instructional resources to help achieve student success.
- Meetings will be held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month from 12:30 – 2:00.
- The District Facilities Committee works to shape the Facilities Master Plan, which serves as the long-range planning tool for the buildings and infrastructure of the district. The plan builds on past Facilities Master Plans and the Educational Master Plan and reflects the changes in district demographics, campus growth needs, and evolving educational programs.
- Meeting times vary. Contact Brooke Jackson for future meeting dates: BJackson@napavalley.edu.
- The Technology Committee promotes the use of technology to increase efficiency of
support teaching, and enhance student learning. Five faculty representatives serve on this district committee, along with two administrators, two classified and one student representative.
- Meetings will be held on the first and third Friday of each month from 11:00 - 12:30
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- The DEI's Committee purpose is to identify the offices and areas of the college responsible for implementing the goals of the Diversity Task Force Plan and Student Equity Plan, set up timelines for implementation, and determine the mechanisms by which we will evaluate the progress.
- Meeting will be held on the second Monday of the month from 1:00-2:30.
Safety & Health
- The Safety Committee's purpose is to bring representatives of the college community together to assist in the overall effort to achieve and maintain a safe and healthy educational and working environment throughout the District.
- Meetings will be held on the second Thursday of each month from 10:00 - 11:30