Using the Library
The McCarthy Library is part of both Napa Valley College and the Napa County Library System. Because NVC is a public college, everyone is welcome to come visit the library. However, due to contractual restrictions, some services can only be accessed with a current NVC login.
Here is a breakdown of who can use our services and how:
|Napa Valley College
Student or Employee
|McCarthy Library Spaces||Yes||Yes|
|Circulating Books||Yes - need library card to borrow||Yes - need library card to borrow|
|Databases - Napa Valley College||Yes - anywhere with campus login||Yes - on campus Wi-Fi|
|Databases - Napa County Library||Yes - with library card||Yes - with library card|
|Library Computers||Yes - for academic use, first come first served||No - bring your own device|
|Campus Wi-Fi||Yes - connect to "NVC Storm Cloud"||Yes - connect to "NVC Storm Cloud"|
REGISTER FOR A LIBRARY CARD
A library card is required to borrow materials from the McCarthy library. This is separate from an NVC student or employee ID. You can apply for a free library card from Napa Valley College using the link below. A Napa County Public Library card or Solano Community College Library card can also be used to borrow materials at the McCarthy Library.
- Library Account
Access your library account to see borrowed materials, due dates, holds, and fines, and fees.
- Get a Library Card
- Click the Get a Library Card Link
- Locate the pull down menu "Please select a home library" and select Napa Valley College
- Enter your Zip Code
- Select Your City
- Fill out your name, address, and other requested information.
- Create a 4 to 9 digit pin, use only numbers.
- Once you have submitted your information, write down your PACREG#, NVC ID#, and bring your photo ID to the Library Service Desk to get your library card.