Paramedic Entrance Requirements
NVC Paramedic Academy Minimum Requirements
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- EMT 95: Emergency Medical Technician Basic or equivalent with 80% or "B" or better
- HEOC 100: Anatomy & Physiology or equivalent with a "C" or better or Biology 218: Anatomy and Biology 219: Physiology, both with a "C" or better
(Note: Students who believe they have taken courses that are equivalent to the NVC anatomy and/or physiology courses listed above must request equivalency.)
- Current and valid EMT-I accreditation/certification
- Current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider CPR certification.
- Verification from employer/volunteer supervisor of 2000 hours of pre-hospital volunteer/work experience done in the last three (3) years.
- Passing Score on NVC Paramedic Academy Entrance Exam