Student Parent Resources
Napa Valley College provides resources
for students and campus families.
California AB 2881: New rights for parenting students in CA
The state of California has enacted a new law (AB-2881) to support parenting college students . AB-2881 requires colleges and universities in California to provide priority registration for student parents, and to notify them of resources and support systems that can be critical to their success.
Napa Valley College is here to support students with dependent children to achieve academic success and complete their academic goals. We offer and provide state, campus-based, and off-campus student-parent services and resources. This law is the first in the nation and represents a huge victory for student parents.
- California Earned Income Tax Credit (CITC or CalEITC)
- Students may be eligible for up to $3,417 for tax year 2022 as a working family or individual earning up to $30,000 per year.
- Women, Infants, and Children Program (WIC)
- Helps families across the state by providing nutrition education, breastfeeding support, healthy foods, and referrals to health care and other community services.
- Young Child Tax Credit (YCTC)
- Provides a credit of up to $1,083 per tax return for Californians who qualify for CalEITC and have a child under 6 years old.