Health Center Services
Medical services are provided by a Nurse Practitioner and Medical Assistant. Click on the links below to see what the Student Health Center offers:
PROVIDED AT NO COST:
- Evaluation and treatment of illness & injury such as cuts, sprains, urinary symptoms, or rash.
- On-site testing for urinary tract infection, Strep throat, blood glucose, and anemia.
- Select over-the-counter and prescription medications dispensed on-site. Examples include some antibiotics, cold remedies, and topical creams.
- Physical Exams for school, work, or sports.
- TB screening and skin testing.
- Blood Pressure Check.
- Telephone consultation with nurse practitioner for symptoms or general health questions.
- Referrals to no or low-cost community resources.
STIs (Sexually Transmitted Infections) have reached epidemic levels in California. People under the age of 25 are most impacted.
The Nurse Practitioner can order STI testing to check for Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Syphilis and HIV. However, actual STI testing is done off-site. Most health insurances will cover the cost of testing minus a co-pay. For students without health insurance, there is a reduced-cost fee for these off-site services. Please call the Student Health Center for current rates.
3 steps can prevent STIs:
1. TALK: Talk with your partners and healthcare providers about sexual health.
2. TEST: Get tested. It’s the only way to know if you have an STI.
3. TREAT: Work with your healthcare provider for treatment if you test positive.
PROVIDED AT NO COST:
- Menstrual products
- Pregnancy testing
- Emergency contraception (morning after pill)
- Birth control counseling
Students can learn about and pick up Naloxone nasal spray for the reversal of opioid overdose at no cost.
Recognizing the signs of opioid overdose can save a life.
Signs of an overdose may include:
- Slow, weak, or no breathing
- Small, constricted "pinpoint pupils”
- Falling asleep or losing consciousness
- Choking or gurgling sounds
- Limp body
- Cold and/or clammy skin
- Discolored skin (especially in lips and nails)
CDPH Stop Opioid Overdose with Naloxone
We provide the following immunizations for a reduced-cost fee:
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Flu Vaccine
Please call the Student Health Center for current rates.
The Nurse Practitioner can order prescriptions, lab tests and imaging, but the patient, or their insurance company is responisble for any costs associated with these outside services.
Solano Diagnostic Imaging Center
Fairfield, CA 94533
Quest Diagnostics Laboratory
673 Trancas St
Napa, CA 94558
Phone: (707) 252-1611
Fax: (774 849-3236