Skip to main contentSkip to footer content

Workers' Compensation Coverage

Napa Valley College’s Workers' Compensation program compensates employees for disability leave and medical treatment as a result of a work-related injury or illness. Workers' Compensation benefit regulations are established by the State of California’s Division of Workers' Compensation.

Reporting a Workplace Injury/Illness/Incident


  • The injured/ill employee is responsible for notifying their supervisor if a work-related injury or illness occurs.

  • For an emergency, to the nearest hosptial or call 911 for immediate medical assistance.

  • Once the injury is stable or for non-urgent injuries contact:

Company Nurse
Search Code: NSI02

Company Nurse is an injury management service that provides guidance for injured employees in obtaining the appropriate level of treatment. Company Nurse also initiates the reporting process.

If you miss any time from work, you must submit a doctor's authorization to your supervisor and the Risk Management office. Absence without doctor's authorization cannot be charged to work-related injury leave.


Approved Medical Facilities

You may be treated by your own personal physician ONLY if you have completed a pre-designation of physician formon file with Human Resources (prior to the date of injury). Otherwise, treating physicians must be within the self-insured Medical Provider Network (MPN).

Local designated facilities are listed below, otherwise, visit our Medical Provider Network site:

Wine Country Occupational Medicine
3421 Villa Lane Suite 2A
Napa, CA 94558
(707) 258-2524
(Non-Kaiser insured patients)

Kaiser Occupational Medicine
3285 Claremont Way
Napa, CA 94558
(707) 258-4907
(Kaiser insured patients)

Concentra Telemedicine
3536 Concours Street
Ontario, CA 91764
(855) 835-6337
(Phone/virtual appointments only)