The CalWORKs Program at Napa Valley College assists welfare recipient students and those in transition off of welfare to achieve long-term self-sufficiency through coordinated student services including: work study, job placement, academic, personal and career counseling, transfer assistance, on campus child care referral, coordination, and referral to supportive services on and off campus.
The Fall 2017 CalWORKs Kick Off has been postponed. New date TBA.
- Currently receiving CalWORKs cash aid from your County Human Services Agency.
- Be enrolled in at least 1.0 unit at NVC.
To become a part of the NVC CalWORKs program you must first do a CalWORKs intake with the CalWORKs Counselor, Maricel Ignacio. Please take the following steps to complete an intake appointment:
- Call 707-256-7301 or stop by the Financial Aid/EOPS CalWORks Office during regular business hours to schedule an appointment with Maricel Ignacio.
- Bring with you to this appointment the following documents:
- Current verification of CalWORKs cash aid
- Copy of your county Welfare-to-Work plan (if completed)
- NVC English and Math assessments results (if completed)
- Current class schedule
- County Worker email and phone number
For more information about CARE and CalWORKs services and eligibility, contact:
Meet the CalWORKs Staff