The CalWORKs Program at Napa Valley College assists welfare recipient students and those in transition off of welfare to achieve long-term self-sufficiency through coordinated student services including: work study, job placement, academic, personal and career counseling, transfer assistance, on campus child care referral, coordination, and referral to supportive services on and off campus.
- Currently receiving CalWORKs cash aid from your County Human Services Agency.
- Be enrolled in at least 1.0 unit at NVC.
To become a part of the NVC CalWORKs program you must first do a CalWORKs intake with the CalWORKs Counselor, Maricel Ignacio. Please take the following steps to complete an intake appointment:
- Call 707-256-7301 or stop by the Financial Aid/EOPS CalWORks Office during regular business hours to schedule an appointment with Maricel Ignacio.
- Bring with you to this appointment the following documents:
- Current verification of CalWORKs cash aid
- Copy of your county Welfare-to-Work plan (if completed)
- NVC English and Math assessments results (if completed)
- Current class schedule
- County Worker email and phone number
For more information about CARE and CalWORKs services and eligibility, contact:
Meet the CalWORKs Staff