Christine Pruitt and María Villagómez Receive Certificates in Online Teaching & Design
Christine Pruitt, English instructor and learning outcomes coordinator, and María Villagómez, senior dean, language arts, library, social sciences, distance education recently participated in cohort-based professional development in an online environment to master the knowledge of effective universal online course design that meets the learning needs of diverse students.
The 12-week Online Teaching & Design course focused on accessible online course design, including clear course navigation and support for development of a learning community, Through coursework, development of a course in a Canvas, and peer review, Pruitt and Villagómez demonstrated mastery in course design fundamentals aligned to the CVC-OEI Course Design Rubric and applied these skills to create an accessible online course with clear instructions, tutorial materials, and additional resources to meet the needs of diverse students.
- Honoring Native American History Month
- Response to war / Israel-Gaza conflict
- Celebrating Filipinx American History Month
- NVC Student Named 2023 Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholar
- Celebrating Latinx Heritage Month
- New Tech High School Develops Early College Program
- Flag in the Map Exhibit At Napa Valley College