- Apply to NVC (cccapply).
- Complete the English and math assessment tool.
- Complete college Orientation.
- Apply for financial aid at (www.fafsa.gov) and the CA Promise Grant.
- One (1) year committment in the program
- Enroll in 2 Umoja specific courses each semester (courses are CSU/UC transferable). (fall: COUN 100, SPCOM 126; spring: COUN 110, SPCOM 120).
- Submit a completed and signed Umoja Learning Community Application.
- Complete a signed Photo Release Form.
- Submit a signed Student Consent Form (parental signature required if under 18 yrs. of age).
- Participate in Intrusive Counseling with Umoja counselor (2 per semester).
- Mental Health Counseling (1 per semester).
- Participation in all events and activities related to Umoja**
- Bring the rock and passport to every class.
- Be a willing and an active listener and learner.
- Allow your voice and words to be intentional and deliberate: say what you mean and mean what you say. Silence is complicity.
** while in a remote environment, many of the services may be suspended.