Admission Requirements (All new admission, re-admission and advanced placement applicants will follow this procedure):
- Complete the requirements of English 120 or equivalent with a "C" or better, and Math 106- Applied Algebra (or Statistics) or equivalent with a "C" or better.
- Completion of all Prerequisites with a "C" or better
- HEOC 100 Anatomy and Physiology (consider taking the BIO 218 & 219 for ADN if you plan to further your nursing career)
- HEOC 101 Pharmacology
- HEOC 172 Basic Nutrition
- PSYC 125 Human Development
- Hep B Surface Antibody, MMR, and Varicella TITERS (blood test) as well as proof of COVID vaccination and booster are required as directed on the information sheet. Submit to Admissions & Records at the time of application or email prior to Cindy Miller email@example.com.
- Be a currently certified Nurse’s Aide (CNA).
The information and form for CNA is found at www.cdph.ca.gov. This site can also refer you to schools in the area that teach classes and offer clinical requirements for CNA certification.
- Submit official verification (transcripts) high school graduation or equivalent (GED, CHSPE, or AA/AS or a higher degree) to Margarita Ceja in Admissions & Records.
- All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an International Evaluation Service prior to Submission of application, and supply NVC with a certificate from the International Evaluator. Admission & Records has the forms needed to submit your official transcripts for evaluation.
- Please refer to the Information Sheet for the most up to date information regarding general information and application requirements for the LVN program.
- You will then be required to take part in a mandatory LVN orientation meeting (date to be announced by email when accepted).