SSSP Professional Development Funds
Title 5, section 55516 requires each community college district to implement a professional development program for staff and faculty providing SSSP services. Professional development is important to ensure that staff and faculty are up to date with credit SSSP practices and policies. Part-time and adjunct faculty should be included in the professional development activities of the college.
Professional Development services include:
- SSSP related training during new faculty and staff orientations including FLEX activities
- Attending SSSP-related activities*, meetings, conferences, workshops, and trainings
- Incorporating SSSP into student learning outcomes and assessments
*SSSP related activities include: Orientation, Assessment, Education Plan (Abbreviated), Education Plan (Comprehensive), and At Risk Follow up Services.
Information about Travel Requests:
- Travel must meet district and SSSP Professional Development guidelines.
- Travel out of state is a non-allowable cost for SSSP.
- Please be fiscally responsible when planning travel.
- Once signed, Travel/Conference Expense Approval Forms should be routed to Renee Coffin, Administrative Assistant prior to sending to Business Office.
- Requests for travel funds should be made 2 months in advance to travel.
- Travel/Conference Expense Voucher should be routed to Renee Coffin, Administrative Assistant, prior to submitting to Business Office.
- Below is a processing timeline of a travel request submitted 2 months in advance.
|Complete/Submit SSSP Professional Development Request Form||2 months prior to travel|
|Travel Request for SSSP Funds (reviewed)||1-2 weeks review|
|Prepare Travel/Conference Expense Approval Forms with documentation||1 week|
|Route Travel/Conference Expense Approval Form for Signatures*|
*Travel/Conference Expense Approval Form & documents, please forward to Renee Coffin, Administrative Assistant, prior to forwarding to Business Office
|Submit Approved Travel/Conference Expense Forms with documentation to Business Office||1 month prior to travel|
|After Travel, complete and submit Travel Voucher to Renee Coffin, prior to Business Office|