5 Steps to Financial Aid
Students must apply for financial aid each year. The priority application period is October 1st through March 2nd for the following Fall semester; however, applications are available throughout the year. It is a good idea to plan ahead as the process is lengthy. You may click on blue text below to open the link to that website.
Step 1: Apply for Financial Aid
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.gov if you are a U.S. Citizens or eligible non-citizen; OR
- Complete the CADAA (CA Dream Act Application) if you are an AB540 eligible Dreamer or DACA at https://dream.csac.ca.gov/.
Links to these applications may also be found on the Financial Aid web page at www.napavalley.edu/financialaid by selecting "Financial Aid Applications."
Step 2: Apply for Admission to NVC (if not yet completed)
Select the "Enroll Now" link at www.napavalley.edu, then click on the CCCApply (Admissions Application). Be sure to provide your social security number (if applicable), legal name, current mailing address, and email addresses. Your financial aid application will not be processed until you have completed the application for admission to NVC.
Step 3: Check the Status of Your Application and Submit Missing Documents
NVC should receive your financial aid application about 1 week after you submit it to the online processing center. You will receive an email from Financial Aid once we have received your application.
To complete the Financial Aid application process:
- Login to WebAdvisor and click on "Financial Aid Self Service". Click on "Complete required documents" to determine what additional information you (and your parents if applicable) must submit to complete your Financial Aid file.
- Click the link under the missing item to open the form or process you need to complete. Return any required documents to the Financial Aid Office as soon as possible. Your financial aid application will not be processed for awards if you have missing or incomplete documents.
Average processing time is 6-8 weeks after you have submitted all required documents. Peak processing time may be 12-16 weeks or longer. Forms are also available online at www.napavalley.edu/financialaid under the "Forms" button.
Step 4: Choose your Financial Aid Refund Option (payment options)
Watch for a bright green BankMobile envelope in the mail after your financial aid file is complete. NVC has partnered with BankMobile to provide electronic options for financial aid refunds (payments) to students. You must use the information provided in your green envelope to login to BankMobile and choose how you want to receive your money.
Step 5: Review Your Awards and Award Letter
- When your file is complete, NVC will send you an award notification email. You may view your awards and print your award letter in WebAdvisor, Financial Aid Self-Service at any time.
- CA College Promise Grants (formerly BOGFW), which pay CA resident enrollment fees, are awarded before your file is complete. All other financial aid grants, work study, and loans are awarded AFTER you complete your financial aid file.
- Financial aid refunds are paid on regularly scheduled payment dates. See "Important Payment Information" at www.napavalley.edu/financialaid for more information.