The Learning Services (LS) Department serves the educational needs of students who are experiencing difficulties learning, including those with
Learning Skills classes
accommodations, which may include:
exam modifications (e.g. extended time)
specialized tutoring in English and Math
HOW TO RECEIVE LS SERVICES:
Please note: The following is our temporary process while we work from home due to COVID-19.
WITH prior documentation
- Scan documentation (IEP, prior testing results) and email (using NVC student email only) to LD Specialist, Jennifer Stanley, Jennifer.Stanley@napavalley.edu.
- Once Jennifer receives your email, she will call you to set up a phone appointment.
WITHOUT prior documentation
- Complete an Intake Interview packet. Click here for fillable PDF.
Instructions to fill out PDF online:
a. Save the PDF with your first and last name and the word "Intake". Ex: "Jane Doe Intake"
b. Fill out the Intake packet following the guidelines listed below.
c. Save again when you've completed filling the Intake out.
d. You may also print the Intake packet, fill it out by hand, scan it, and email it to the email address listed in step 3 below.
- Please fill in your responses on the Intake Interview yourself. You may receive help answering the questions, but it is important that you fill them in yourself.
The information from these interview questions will help our LD Specialist understand some of the influences on your educational achievement.
It will be most useful if you provide complete and accurate answers.
If you are uncertain about an item, skip it. You can come back to it later or even leave it blank until you and the LD Specialist can review it together.
- Save the completed Intake and email it our LD Specialist, Jennifer Stanley at Jennifer.Stanley@napavalley.edu.
- Jennifer will contact you by telephone to discuss your information.
- If the LD Specialist recommends it, you will complete the LD testing process once we are able to meet in person again.
- Provided your testing results meet the criteria for eligibility, accommodations will be assigned.