The Learning Services (LS) Department serves the educational needs of students who are experiencing difficulties learning, including those with
Learning Skills classes
accommodations, which may include:
exam modifications (e.g. extended time)
specialized tutoring in English and Math
HOW TO RECEIVE LS SERVICES:
WITH prior documentation
- Bring documentation to our office.
- Complete an
Application for Services.
- Schedule an appointment with our LD specialist to review your paperwork.
WITHOUT prior documentation
- Call/visit our office to learn more about the LD assessment process.
- Complete an
Application for Services and pick up an Intake Interview packet from Room 1766 (or click here to print).
- Please fill out the Intake Interview yourself. You may receive help answering the questions, but it is important that you fill them out yourself.
The information from these interview questions will help our LD Specialist understand some of the influences on your educational achievement.
It will be most useful if you provide complete and accurate answers.
If you are uncertain about an item, skip it. You can come back to it later or even leave it blank until you and the LD Specialist can review it together.
- Return completed Intake Interview packet to room 1766 and schedule an appointment with the LD Specialist. You may also scan your completed Intake Interview packet and email it to email@example.com. Once your Intake is received, we will call you to schedule an appointment with our LD Specialist.
- If the LD Specialist recommends it, you will complete LD testing process.
- Provided your testing results meet the criteria for eligibility, accommodations will be assigned.