HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT CHECKLIST
4 STEPS FOR DUAL ENROLLMENT
(Click link above for PDF form)
Step 1: Apply Online
- Complete the OpenCCC online application for admission at www.napavalley.edu/nvcapply. If you have any questions please contact the Admissions and Records office at (707) 256-7200.
- Dual enrolled high school students may register for credit classes at NVC for FREE. High School students who are currently enrolled in the tenth grade or higher or are at least 15 years old may take courses for college credit at Napa Valley College with permission from their high school principal and a parent or guardian
Step 2: Search for Classes & Complete High School Permit to Attend
Search for classes online on WebAdvisor
- Go to napavalley.edu and click on WebAdvisor at the top of the page.
- Click on "Search for Sections" link on the left hand side of the main menu.
- When Prompted, insert the term and subject of interest and hit submit.
- Take note of the information for the specific classes you are interested in and include the section number (aka synonym) for registration purposes.
If you need assistance please contact the Welcome Center at (707) 256-7215 or in person Bldg. 1300 Rm. 1331A
Complete the High School Permit to Attend
Make sure all signatures are included: Student, Parent, and Principal and bring it in person to the Admissions and Records office. If signature are missing, you will not be able to register for classes.
Step 3: Additional Paperwork/Support
Placement Tool for math and English courses: Students must complete the English and Math Placement Tool if they are planning to register for a math or English class
Registering for a course that has a prerequisite:
Advising Session (recommended)
- Visit a Student Services Specialist available at high schools in Napa County OR one of our counselors at NVC.
- If you have any questions about Napa Valley College course(s) or programs including transfer to the university of your choice, please consult a NVC Counselor after you have completed the application.
Step 4: Register for ClassesSubmit your High School Permit to Attend to the Admissions and Records office located in the 1300 building OR via email to ANRmail@napavalley.edu.
The $46 per credit unit enrollment fee has been waived by the NVC Board of Trustees.
A High School Permit to Attend is needed for each term you wish to enroll in college courses while you are in high school.
You may only register or add courses that are listed on your High School Permit to Attend Form. If you wish to add a class not listed on the Permit to Attend Form, you must complete another form.
When registering for a Dance or P.E. class, you must request an add code/card from the instructor on the first day of class.
Please make sure you DROP your class(es) if you are no longer able to attend. Check the Admissions and Records Registration Calendar for drop dates.