Welcome to the Strategic Enrollment Management web site for Napa Valley College
On this site you will find a number of shared documents intended for review and discussion. Please check back frequently as all documents will be continually revised and edited.
Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) is a concept and process that enables the fulfillment of institutional mission and students’ educational goals. SEM is a comprehensive and coordinated process that enables NVC to identify enrollment goals that are allied with the multiple missions of the college, its strategic plan, its environment, and its resources, and to reach those goals through the effective integration of administrative processes, student services, academic experiences, and market analysis.
In practice, the purpose of SEM is achieved by the following:
1. Establishing comprehensive goals for the number and types of students needed to fulfill the institutional
2. Promoting students’ academic success by improving access, transition, persistence and graduation rates
3. Promoting institutional success by enabling effective strategic and financial planning
4. Creating a data-rich environment to make well-informed decisions and evaluate strategies utilizing a full
range of technology applications
5. Strengthen communications and marketing with internal and external stakeholders
6. Increase collaboration among departments across the campus to support the enrollment program
Adapted from: Applying SEM to Community Colleges, Bontrager & Clemetsen