The IT Help Desk is committed to high quality customer service and technical support while acting as a single point of contact to resolve all computer, network, and telephone related needs.
Service Level Agreement & Standard Operating Procedures
- The IT Help Desk provides full support from 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday. After hours you may leave a voicemail message and a Help Desk technician will return the call on the next business day. In the event of an emergency or for any urgent problem that cannot wait until the next business day, you may contact Public Safety at x511.
- Response time during regular business hours is typically within four hours; after hours all calls will be returned the next business day.
Contact the Help Desk
• Submit service requests online - e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone: 707-256-7550
• Fax: 707-256-7559
• Walk-in: McPherson Administration Building, Room 1543
Hours of Operation
Spring 2014 Regular Hours:
• Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Guidelines for problem resolution with escalation
Help Desk staff have been trained to ensure rapid, effective resolution, or escalation for a wide variety of computer, network, and telephone related problems. To ensure customer satisfaction, the Help Desk will monitor workflow and resolution to all calls reported through our Help Desk system. While many problems are resolved quickly, some may take several hours to several days to resolve depending on workloads, staffing, complexity, and scope. Routine work will be scheduled at the earliest convenience. Projects will be assigned to a project lead.
Cases are prioritized as follows:
- Low – Customer requires information, installation, configuration, or deferred maintenance.
- Medium – Customer is experiencing noticeable problems but can still perform most operations.
- High – Several Customers are experiencing noticeable problems which impact operations and/or instruction.
- Highest – System wide outages causing major impact to critical business operations and instruction.
Requests that directly affect teaching and learning are given highest priority.
The Help Desk strives to resolve reported problems in a timely manner. However, there are times when delays occur and it becomes necessary to escalate the delay(s) to higher levels of management. Escalations may be customer-initiated or Help Desk employee-initiated. If a customer feels a trouble condition is not being handled on a timely basis or feels Help Desk personnel are unresponsive, they can initiate the escalation process by contacting the next level of management to expedite the trouble resolution.
Level 1 Normal - Help Desk Staff
Level 2 Escalation - Help Desk Lead
Level 3 Escalation – IT Dean
Level 4 Escalation –
- Provide your name, phone number, department name, and campus location (building and room number).
- Provide any additional relevant information concerning the request or problem, including software version information.
- Describe the problem clearly and in as much detail as possible.
- Describe the severity of the problem, ie, how many users are being affected.
- Provide a requested deadline date if a project request.
- Follow up with the Help Desk for call ticket status if resolution is not obtained in a timely manner.