Scholarship Application Workshop
Presented by the Napa Valley College Foundation and Financial Aid/EOPS Office
Monday, December 3, 2012 in Room 838 from 2:00-3:30 pm
Learn how to fill out your Napa Valley College (NVC) STARS Online scholarship application properly. The application link is available at http://www.napavalley.edu/StudentServices/FinancialAid/Scholarships on
Monday, December 3, 2012.
- MUST have completed 12 units at NVC by the end of the Fall 2012 semester (do not include Spring 2013 units).
- MUST have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 at NVC by the end of the Fall 2012 semester; with the exception of The Osher Scholarship which requires a 2.0 GPA.
- MUST maintain enrollment in 6 units at NVC during the Spring 2013 semester.
- MUST be a U.S. citizen, eligible non-citizen, or AB 540 verified (contact Admissions and Records to verify your status if you are not sure; international students are not eligible).
- MOST scholarships require full-time (12 or more units) enrollment at an accredited institution during the 2013-2014 academic year.
- Students with a Bachelor’s degree are generally not eligible.
- Late or incomplete applications will be disqualified.
Applicants are encouraged to complete the financial aid application (FAFSA) www.fafsa.ed.gov (AB540 students who are not U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens should complete the Dream Act application http://www.csac.ca.gov/dream_act.asp ) to be considered for the widest range of scholarships.
If you have any questions, please call the Financial Aid front counter at 256-7300 or contact us at the Financial Aid/EOPS office, Room 1132.
Monday, December 3, 2012 from 2:00-3:30 pm - Scholarship Workshop in Room 838
Tuesday, February 5, 2013 by 7:00 pm – MANDATORY Recommendation Form deadline - submit completed and printed form in the Financial Aid/EOPS Office, Room 1132
Tuesday, February 5, 2013 by 11:59 pm – STARS Online Application Deadline