CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Our UMOJA Learning Community host "potluck style" INDABA's. (A Zulu word meaning a gathering or meeting to discuss important matters) We gather, break bread, participate in indoor/outdoor activities, and engage in "porch talk" (intentional and deliberate open discussions). This practice encourages African (and other cultural) consciousness to foster collective responsibility.
INDABA's: 2nd Tuesday of every month, January-May, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. INDABA's will be held in the Napa Valley College Community Room, adjacent to the McCarthy Library (date, time, and location are subject to change)
- Tuesday, February 14, Cultural Cuisine Indaba
- Tuesday, February 21, Annual African American Celebration, 5:00-8:00 p.m., held in the (SAC) Student Activity Center, Keynote Speaker: Mr. Keith B. Wheeler.
- Saturday, February 25, Dr. Tia presents her one-woman show: Brand New Shoes, 7:30 p.m., Harbor Arts Theater 720 Main Street, Suisun, Ca
Thursday, March 9, Cultural Indaba, 9:30-12:30 p.m., Community Room
- April 10-15, Spring Break
- Friday, April 21, UC Davis Regional Symposium, 8:00-2:00 p.m., UC Davis Campus
- Thursday, April 27, Cultural Cuisine Indaba, 9:30-12:30 p.m., Community Room
- Thursday, May 18, Rites of Passage Ceremony, 5:30-8:00 p.m., Community Room
- Friday, May 26, Graduation
- Monday, May 29, Officially end of spring semester
Nyame dua: God's protection and presence.