Welcome back students!
Fall 2013 Semester is back in session!
WorkAbility III Program 2013
Specialized Counseling, Employment & Vocational Services
Specialized educational planning that focuses
on student strengths and abilities to achieve vocational and educational
goals. Liaison services for students between NVC and the Department of
-College success skills instruction in time
management, study skills, test taking strategies and test anxiety
-Rehabilitation Counseling services including
vocational testing and guidance to identify vocational areas of interest and
abilities, assistive technology and ergonomic assessments to incorporate
hardware and software devices that will maximize independence, and
individualized job placement services such as video based resumes.
WorkAbility is a collaborative program between NVC and the California Department of Rehabilitation. We provide intensive academic and career services for students with severe disabilities. Our mission is to work with our mutual clients/students in successfully transitioning them into gainful employment. The services we provide include specialized counseling, assistive technology consultation and training, instruction assistance support, academic and vocational assessment and job placement services. Our mission is to promote student independence.
WAIII implements supportive counseling and
academic services including:
- Specialized educational planning for certificate, degree and/or transfer requirements, based upon strengths and abilities.
- Vocational guidance and instruction in academic skills such as time management, organizational skills, study skills, test taking skills, and interpersonal skills. Strengths assessments and vocational testing combined with college success skills result in appropriate vocational goals and professional behaviors that lead to employment success.
- Identification of assistive technology hardware and software devices that enable college and career success. Specialized academic support through the provision of instructional aids for tutoring, and instruction.
- Linkages and referrals to campus and community agencies to increase opportunities for students
Workability III participants
A student attending Napa Valley College, AND
2. A client receiving services from California Department of Rehabilitation.
To contact the
California Department of Rehabilitation please visit http://www.rehab.cahwnet.gov/, or call Voice (707) 253-4924 / Fx: (707) 253-4929
Learn more about The Department of Rehabilitation!
Consumers who have successfully transitioned into employment! Hire skilled motivated performers!