Before The Event
Before going to a large arena event, be sure to designate a meeting area in case your group becomes separated. This is particularly important if you have small children with you. When parking your vehicle be sure to do the following:
- Lock the car.
- Do not leave valuables in the car, especially where they can be observed from a window.
- Park in a safe place.
- Make a note of where your vehicle is parked.
During The Event
In large crowd situations be aware of the potential for pickpockets. Thefts can occur near bathrooms or in lines. Pick pocketing most often feels like a person just bumped against you. To reduce your vulnerability to pick pocketing, do the following:
- Keep wallets in front pockets rather than the back pocket.
- Place a large rubberband around wallet if left in a rear pocket. This makes your wallet harder to move and allows you to feel if it is being lifted.
- If wearing a coat, keep the wallet in an inside pocket.
- Leave extra credit cards at home.
- Keep purses closed and held close to the body.
- Do not leave personal possessions unattended.
If you discover any personal property missing during the course of an event, report it to police or event security immediately. If you find someone else's wallet, keys, or other personal property turn them in immediately to a police officer or event staff and tell them where you found the item.