MyNVC Card

MyNVC's all about Choices!

Topics On this page:

New options for Financial Aid Refunds                  ATM Locations on campus
Wait, don't throw it away!                                  FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Have you Moved?                                               Information Links
Avoid PIN Fees! Choose Credit                            Legal and Copyright Notices

New Options for Financial Aid Refunds
Beginning in Fall 2014, Napa Valley College will be partnering with Higher One®, a financial services company focused solely on higher education, to bring a new method for receiving financial aid refunds (disbursements) to all Napa Valley College students who have completed their financial aid file — the MyNVC Card. 

Wait, don’t throw it away!
A bright green envelope will be coming in the mail, so keep an eye out!
Your card will be mailed to your primary address on file with the Financial Aid/EOPS Office.
What to look for:

Have You Moved? 
Wrong address, No Money!  Submit a Name Address Change form to the Financial Aid/EOPS Office Now!

Avoid PIN Fees!  Choose Credit when you use your card!

Did you know that when you enter your MyNVC Card PIN number to complete a purchase, you will be charged a $0.50 PIN fee?  You can AVOID  PIN fees by choosing credit instead.  Simply press the red cancel button when you are asked for your PIN and choose the CREDIT option!  You are not only avoiding PIN fees, but your purchase is now protected by the MasterCard protection agreement. There are no MyNVC Card fees if you withdraw money from a Higher One ATM.

Higher One ATM Locations
Students using the MyNVC Card for refunds may withdraw cash at any Higher One ATM free of charge!  The daily cash limit is $500. ATMs are available only during regular hours of campus operation, so plan ahead to avoid PIN fees. 



Napa Valley College
Gym - 600 Building

2277 Napa Vallejo Highway
Napa, CA 94558

First floor lobby outside PE office

Napa Valley College
LLRC - 1700 Building Library

2277 Napa Vallejo Highway
Napa, CA 94558

First floor lobby

No-Fee Higher One ATMs at Other Schools
Log into your MyNVC account, choose the OneAccount tab, click on Spend, then click on the Find a Higher One ATM link that is located in the Get Cash description. 

There's an app for that!  You may also download the Higher One Mobile App on your smartphone and use the ATM Locator to find an ATM near you.


FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

What is a financial aid refund?
A financial aid refund is another term for disbursement or payment. When grant or loan money is posted to your student account, any money you owe to Napa Valley College for tuition, fees, or other allowable expenses is deducted first. The remaining balance is disbursed to you as a "refund."  That refund will be paid to you based on the choice you make, so keep reading!

Who is eligible for a MyNVC Card?
Any student who submits a Free Application for Federal Student aid (FAFSA) or a California Dream Application (if applicable) AND submits all the documents required to complete their financial aid file, will receive a MyNVC Card in the mail. To determine when the file has been completed, check the My Documents link in WebAdvisor to see if the "14/15 File Complete" statement is listed. 

When will I receive a MyNVC Card?
You will receive an email from to notify you that your MyNVC Card has been mailed to you. This is not a scam! 

Is your card being mailed to the correct address? Check the mailing address listed on the email.  If it is incorrect, you must complete the following steps.

  1. Submit a Name Address Change form to the Financial Aid/EOPS Office; AND
  2. Submit a request for a new card to be sent to your correct address; AND
  3. Bring a PICTURE ID to verify your identity when you request a new card. 

Why am I getting a card?
You are receiving a card because you have completed your financial aid file and will use the MyNVC Card to select how you want to receive your financial aid refund money. Once you have your card, simply view your choices and make your selection at to let NVC know how you’d like to receive the money we may have for you.

  • A same day deposit to the OneAccount, an FDIC Insured, no monthly fee, no minimum balance checking account. With the OneAccount, you receive your funds the same day they’re released by Higher One—the easiest and fastest choice available.
  • Automatic deposit (ACH) to a personal checking or savings account. With ACH, you receive your funds within 1 to 3 days of the day they’re released, depending on your bank’s policy for electronic deposits.
  • A paper check, mailed through the U.S. Postal Service. With a paper check, your funds should arrive within 5 to 7 days of the date they are released.

Why is the MasterCard logo on my card? 
If you choose to open a Higher One checking account, the MyNVC Card can be used to make purchases wherever Debit MasterCard is accepted. It is important to note that the MyNVC Card is NOT A CREDIT CARD, but rather a DEBIT CARD backed by the purchasing power of the MasterCard network.Accounts held at WEX Bank, Member FDIC.

The MyNVC Card is issued by WEX Bank pursuant to license from MasterCard International Incorporated.  The card is administered by Higher One, Inc.
©2013 Higher One, Inc. Higher One is registered trademarks of Higher One, Inc. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.
All other names and logos are owned by their respective owners.

How can I get a replacement card?
My Mom shredded my card!  I thought it was junk mail and threw it away!
My Card was sent to the wrong address! 

If your MyNVC Card was lost or mailed to the wrong address before you activated your account, you may request a new card from the Financial Aid/EOPS Office.  You will not be charged for a replacement card if your account has never been activated. Following these simple steps.

    1. Come into the Financial Aid/EOPS Office to submit a written request for a new card. Be sure to date and sign your request, and tell us why you need a new card.
    2. Bring a PICTURE ID with you to verify your identity.
    3. If your card was sent to the wrong address, submit a Name Address Change form along with your request for a new card.
    4. Watch for an email from notifying you that your new card has been sent.
If your MyNVC Card was lost or stolen after you activated your account, you should report it lost right away.  Follow these steps:
    1. Login to your MyNVC Card account at
    2. Go to your User Profile and click on Card Status tab.
    3. You may report your card lost or stolen, which will cancel your card so that it can't be used.
    4. Request a replacement card. You may be required to pay a replacement card fee (See Fee Schedule).

If your MyNVC Card was damaged (card bent, plastic coming off, etc.) You may request a replacement card through the Financial Aid/EOPS Office or requesting a replacement card from your MyNVC Card account. 

How is my money delivered?
Delivery of refund money is a multi-step process that takes up to 10 days to complete. First, NVC draws funds from the appropriate grant or loan program and applies it to your student account. Next, we verify that all the information is correct. Once verified, we send the information to Higher One. Once they receive your specific refund information, it is processed as fast as possible and disbursed according to your selection.   

What are the daily spending limits for the MyNVC Card OneAccount?
Your spending limits are (if the funds are available in your account):

  • $500 for ATM transactions
  • $2,500 for credit-related, 'Swipe & Sign' transactions/Debit PIN-based purchases ($500 at most for PIN-based transactions).
  • The total amount of funds you can spend in a day is $3,000: $500 in ATM withdrawals and $2,500 in a credit card/debit PIN-based transactions.

Can I change my preference for receiving money from NVC?
Yes. Just log in to your account and select “Refund Preferences” from the “Refund” menu option. Once on the page, simply make your new selection and click the “Update Preference” button to complete the process. Be aware that your new selection will only impact future money you receive from NVC.

What if I don’t make a selection? 
Although you might not currently expect money from NVC, you may receive money in the future. After all, you may drop a class, make an overpayment or simply receive assistance you did not expect. Making a selection now ensures you’ll always have this money without a delay.

I will not attend NVC.  What do I do with the card? 
If you will not be attending Napa Valley College, please notify the Financial Aid/EOPS Office immediately by submitting a written statement requesting that your financial aid awards be cancelled.  You may also request that your card be cancelled if you have not yet activated your MyNVC Card account; you are responsible for destroying the card. Please bring a picture ID with you to verify your identity when you make these requests.

If you will be receiving financial aid from another school for the same semester(s) you will be attending Napa Valley College, you need to notify the Financial Aid/EOPS Office in writing immediately.  If you receive a refund from both schools, you will be required to repay the funds you received.


Check out these sites for more information: Website: Click here to get more information about the MyNVC Card program and to activate your MyNVC Card account to make your financial aid disbursement choice. You may also access the MyNVC Card Website at from any browser.

Fee Schedule: Review the OneAccount Fee Schedule here.  This applies only if you choose to open a Higher One, Inc. OneAccount checking account and use the MyNVC Card as a Debit MasterCard. 

EasyHelpSM   Find answers to common questions.

MyNVC Card Brochure  Quick facts about the MyNVC Card program.


Legal and Copyright Notices

OneAccount Accounts held at WEX Bank, Member FDIC.

The MyNVC Card Debit MasterCard® is issued by WEX Bank pursuant to license from MasterCard International Corporation. The card is administered by Higher One, Inc.

MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. All other names and logos are owned by their respective owners©2013 Higher One, Inc. Higher One and the Higher One logo are registered trademarks of Higher One, Inc.