- The Online Exit Counseling link opens in a new window.
- Please complete the Online Exit Counseling session not more than 2 weeks prior to your expected second disbursement date.
- Your FSA ID Username and password is required to access your Exit Counseling session.
- Under Tools and Resources, click on the Exit Counseling Link. Follow the instructions carefully.
- You must list Napa Valley College as your school of attendance.
- You will be asked to update your borrower information near the end of your session. Please complete this information and submit online.
- Print the confirmation screen at the end of the session to verify you have completed the correct Exit Counseling session and submit it to the Financial Aid/EOPS Office.
Did you forget your FSA ID? Retrieve your FSA ID
Online Exit Counseling requires that you have your FSA ID Username and password as you will be accessing secure information. If you have forgotten your FSA ID username and/or password, you may retrieve it at the link below.
U.S. Department of Education Federal Student Aid:
Direct Loan funds are disbursed in two payments during each individual borrower’s eligible enrollment period.
Estimated disbursement dates for loans are specific to each borrower and are listed on the borrower’s loan disclosure statement.
Loan disbursements are paid within 14 days from the estimated disbursement date listed on the loan disclosure statement.
Scheduled payment dates for all financial aid awards are available on the FA Payment Information webpage.
Exit Counseling must be completed not more than two weeks prior to receiving the second disbursement for the enrollment period.
Your loan disbursements (refunds) will be paid to you based on your selection from your MyNVCCard account . If your address is incorrect or you will be moving in the near future, you must submit a paper address change form to the Financial Aid/EOPS Office immediately and notify HigherOne.
Please note: if you owe tuition, fees, or related costs to Napa Valley College, the amount you owe will be deducted from your disbursement first. Any remaining loan funds will be paid to you.
How to Cancel Your Loan Disbursement
- If you want to cancel your ENTIRE loan amount, you may do so before the first disbursement is paid to you. Please submit your request in writing at least 3 days prior to the FIRST payment date.
- If you no longer want the SECOND disbursement of your Direct Loan, you may do so before the disbursement is paid to you. Please submit your request in writing at least 3 days prior to the actual payment date. However, you must still complete the Online Exit Counseling process.
- If you find that you still need loan funds to help pay for educational costs, but do not need the full amount awarded, you may request that the loan amount be REDUCED. Please submit your request in writing at least two weeks prior to the scheduled disbursement date.
If you have any questions about your Direct Loan, please contact Mai Vo, Financial Aid Specialist, at (707) 256-7302.