How to Apply

If you are new to NVC and/or Special Services you must begin scheduling an appointment with a counselor in the Counseling Center. If you would like to discuss program benefits and requirements prior to meeting with the Counselor, please call the Disabled Student Services Department (DSPS) at (707) 253-3082. 

If you have been previously diagnosed with a learning disability (LD), you can schedule an  appointment to begin the testing process in the Learning Services Department (707-256-7442).

What to bring with you to your appointment:

  1. Your most current written verification of disability, medical report, Department of Rehabilitation Plan or IEP from your high school. We recommend that you make copies of all documents you submit to DSPS in case you need them for further use.
  2. Your student identification number;
  3. A list of questions you may have about the process. 

If you must cancel, please call as soon as possible. If you do cancel, be aware that it may take awhile before you can reschedule.

Continuing students who will be using the same services as in their previous semester(s) only need to contact the department they have worked with previously to request accommodations. This needs to be done each semester. You must meet with the DSPS Counselor at least once a semester to maintain your eligibility for services.

Returning students (those who have been away from NVC for a year or more) need to schedule an appointment with the DSPS Counselor to reactivate your file and re-authorize services.