Read the Official Graduate Invitation which will be emailed on April to all eligible graduates and candidates for graduation regarding participating in the 2017 Commencement.
Look for your name on the List of Approved 2016-2017 Graduates, (tab will be found on the left once finalized). If you do not see your name on the list, follow the instructions on how to verify the status of your graduation petition.
RSVP by calling (707) 256-7362 (Deadline to RSVP : to be determined). Only students who appear on the list of Approved 2016-2017 Graduates or Candidates for graduation should RSVP. These students should have received the Official Graduate Invitation noted above. If you are on the List of Approved Graduates and do not intend to participate in Commencement 2017, you do not need to RSVP. If you have any questions, call the Office of Student Services at 707-256-7362.
Purchase your cap, gown and tassel package at the Bookstore (OPTIONAL) (not required but only about 4-5 out of 250 opt not to wear one). There will be a Grad Fair at the Bookstore, date and times are still to be determined.
Attend the Rehearsal in the Quad, more likely on the morning of the Commencement (*to be determined) (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, but not mandatory if taking a final or working). The rehearsal can last about 2 hrs. Check back for updated information in the spring. If you can't attend for 2 hours, show up for just one hour.
* Graduates who cannot attend the rehearsal should plan to arrive early in the evening between (*times to be determined) to get a card and have time to fill it out before going to line up.
Obtain a Graduate Information Card at the beginning of the rehearsal. (MANDATORY) This card must be completely filled out on both sides before you walk up to the stage. Your name will be read from this card--not from the program.
- On the top right hand corner print your name the way it is pronounced.
- Example: Dacia Manowski = Day-sha Man-now-ski
- A List of 2016-2017 Approved Graduates is available online to verify the exact name of the degree(s) and/or certificate name you will be awarded.
- For a sample on how to correctly fill out your card go to How to fill out the Information Card.
Stop at the Graduate Check-In Table (MANDATORY) next to the Bear Fountain on day of Commencement between (*times to be determined) to pick up the following before lining up in the Quad
- your graduate information card
- a commencement program
- an "I'm Transferring" button, if applicable
Those that did not attend rehearsal MUST also stop at the graduate Check-in table to:
- have their graduate information card checked
- pick up a commencement program
- an "I'm Transferring" button if applicable