Read the Official Graduate Invitation email that will be emailed to eligible graduates/participants in early April.
RSVP if you wish to participate in the ceremony. (MANDATORY) It is critical that we get an accurate count of graduates participating in the ceremony for 1) seating purposes and 2) distribution of tickets, so please do not leave this to the last minute.
Purchase your cap and gown at the Bookstore (OPTIONAL) (not required but most graduates wear one).
Obtain a Graduate Information Card at the beginning of the rehearsal. (MANDATORY) This card must be completely filled out before all graduates get to the gym to practice walking up the stage. Your name will be read from this card as you walk across the stage--not from the program.
- On the top right hand corner print your name the way it is pronounced. Example: Dacia Manowski = Day-sha Man-now-ski
- Refer to the List of Approved/Eligible Participants for the exact name of the degree(s) and/or certificate name you will be awarded.
- For a sample on how to correctly fill out your card go to How to fill out the Information Card.
Attend the Rehearsal in the Quad on Friday, May 30, 2014, at 10 a.m. (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, BUT NOT MANDATORY) Lasts about 90 minutes including the distribution of tickets. It's a good item to set aside about 2 hours for the rehearsal just to be safe.
* Graduates who cannot attend the rehearsal must arrive early in the evening by 6:00 p.m. to get a card and have time to fill it out before going to line up.
Pick up your admission tickets at the end of the rehearsal. (MANDATORY) All graduates who attend the rehearsal will be able to pick up their tickets at the end of the rehearsal. Please make sure that you know your Student I.D. number and have a photo I.D. available to pick up your tickets.
For those that cannot attend the rehearsal, you will be able to pick them up later in the evening starting at 6:00 p.m. at the Graduate Check-in Table near the Quad (next to the Bear Fountain).
IMPORTANT: The number of tickets per graduate will be determined in April 2014. In past year's, only 6 tickets were allowed per graduate.
Stop at the Graduate Check-In Table (MANDATORY) next to the Bear Fountain on Friday, May 30 between 6:00 p.m. and 7:20 p.m. to pick up the following before lining up in the Quad (see how graduates will line up in the Quad):
- your graduate information card
- a commencement program
- an "I'm Transferring" button if applicable
Those that did not attend rehearsal MUST also stop at the graduate Check-in table to:
- have their graduate information card checked
- pick up your six admission tickets
- pick up a commencement program
- an "I'm Tranferring" button if applicable