Read the Official Graduate Invitation email that was emailed to eligible graduates/participants on April 4, 2013.
RSVP if you wish to participate in the ceremony. (MANDATORY) It is critical that we get an accurate count of graduates participating in the ceremony for 1) seating purposes and 2) distribution of tickets, so please do not leave this to the last minute.
Deadline to RSVP Friday, May 24.
Purchase your cap and gown at the NVC Bookstore (OPTIONAL) (not required but most graduates wear one). On sale starting mid April for $33 including tax.
Order your personalized Graduation Announcements (OPTIONAL) through the CB Graduation Announcements website.
Obtain a Graduate Information Card at the beginning of the rehearsal. (MANDATORY) This card must be filled out before all graduates get to the gym to practice walking up the stage. Your name will be read from this card as you walk across the stage--not from the program.
Attend the Rehearsal in the Quad on Friday, May 31 at 10 a.m. (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, BUT NOT MANDATORY) Lasts about 90 minutes including the distribution of tickets. It's a good item to set aside about 2 hours for the rehearsal just to be safe.
* Graduates who cannot attend the rehearsal must arrive early in the evening by 6:00 p.m. to get a card and have time to fill it out before going to line up.
Pick up your admission tickets at the end of the rehearsal. (MANDATORY) All graduates who attend the rehearsal will be able to pick up their tickets at the end of the rehearsal. Please make sure that you know your Student I.D. number and have a photo I.D. available to pick up your tickets.
For those that cannot attend the rehearsal, you will be able to pick them up later in the evening starting at 6:00 p.m. at the Graduate Check-in Table near the Quad (next to the Bear Fountain).
IMPORTANT: Many graduates are asking if there is a way to get or purchase extra tickets for the ceremony. Unfortunately, we cannot give more than 6 tickets to each graduate. The only option graduates have is to ask other fellow graduates if they will not be needing all their 6 tickets and if they have 1-2 to spare. We will make an announcement during the morning rehearsal in case any graduate has tickets to give away. We are limited by the capacity of the gym, so unfortunately we cannot give more tickets.
· Reason for issuing only 6 tickets per graduate: the capacity of the gym is 1700. If we have 250 students participating (which we expect) x 6 tickets, this equals 1500 seats; then we also have to account for the actual 200-250 grads plus the 100-110 faculty members and administrators including the BOT members that participate; 80-90 spots are assigned to other NVC staff that also attend the ceremony and the graduation volunteers that work during the ceremony.
Stop at the Graduate Check-In Table (MANDATORY) next to the Bear Fountain on Friday, May 31 between 6:00 p.m. and 7:20 p.m. to pick up the following before lining up in the Quad (see how graduates will line up in the Quad):
- your graduate information card
- a commencement program
- an "I'm Transferring" button if applicable
Those that did not attend rehearsal MUST also stop at the graduate Check-in table to:
- have their graduate information card checked
- pick up your six admission tickets
- pick up a commencement program
- an "I'm Tranferring" button if applicable