Read the Official Graduate Invitation was emailed on April 6 to all eligible graduates and candidates for graduation regarding participating in the 2016 Commencement.
Look for your name on the List of Approved 2015-2016 Graduates, found on a tab to the left. If you do not see your name, that page includes instructions on how to verify the status of your graduation petition.
RSVP by Friday, May 20: Only students who appear on the list of Approved 2015-2016 Graduates or Candidates for graduation should RSVP. These students should have received the Official Graduate Invitation noted above. If you are on the List of Approved Graduates and do not intend to participate in Commencement 2016, you do not need to RSVP. If you have any questions, call the Office of Student Services at 707-256-7362.
Purchase your cap, gown and tassel package at the Bookstore (OPTIONAL) (not required but only about 4-5 out of 250 opt not to wear one). Grad Fair at the Bookstore is on April 13 and 14 from 10-2 p.m.
Attend the Rehearsal in the Quad, likely on Friday, May 27, 2016, at 10 a.m. (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, but not mandatory if taking a final or working). The rehearsal can last about 2 hrs. Check back for updated information in the spring.
* Graduates who cannot attend the rehearsal must arrive early in the evening by 4:30 p.m. to get a card and have time to fill it out before going to line up.
Obtain a Graduate Information Card at the beginning of the rehearsal. (MANDATORY) This card must be completely filled out on both sides before you walk up to the stage. Your name will be read from this card--not from the program.
- On the top right hand corner print your name the way it is pronounced.
- Example: Dacia Manowski = Day-sha Man-now-ski
- A List of 2015-2016 Approved Graduates is available online to verify the exact name of the degree(s) and/or certificate name you will be awarded.
- For a sample on how to correctly fill out your card go to How to fill out the Information Card.
Stop at the Graduate Check-In Table (MANDATORY) next to the Bear Fountain on Friday, May 27 between 4:30 p.m. and 5:50 p.m. to pick up the following before lining up in the Quad
- your graduate information card
- a commencement program
- an "I'm Transferring" button, if applicable
Those that did not attend rehearsal MUST also stop at the graduate Check-in table to:
- have their graduate information card checked
- pick up a commencement program
- an "I'm Tranferring" button if applicable