Read the Official Graduate Invitation email that will be emailed to eligible graduates/participants in early April.
RSVP by May (Date TBD) if you wish to participate in the ceremony. (MANDATORY) It is critical that we get an accurate count of graduates participating in the ceremony for seating purposes. PLEASE do not leave this till the last minute.
Purchase your cap and gown at the Bookstore (OPTIONAL) (not required but only about 4-5 out of 250 opt not to wear one).
Attend the Rehearsal in the Quad on Friday, May 29, 2015, at 10 a.m. (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, but not mandatory if taking a final). The rehearsal can last about 1 1/2 -2 hrs. Set aside about 2 hours for the rehearsal, just to be safe.
* Graduates who cannot attend the rehearsal must arrive early in the evening by 4:30 p.m. to get a card and have time to fill it out before going to line up.
Obtain a Graduate Information Card at the beginning of the rehearsal. (MANDATORY) This card must be completely filled out on both sides before you walk up to the stage. Your name will be read from this card--not from the program.
- On the top right hand corner print your name the way it is pronounced.
- Example: Dacia Manowski = Day-sha Man-now-ski
- A List of 2014-2015 Approved Graduates will be made available online to verify the exact name of the degree(s) and/or certificate name you will be awarded.
- For a sample on how to correctly fill out your card go to How to fill out the Information Card.
Stop at the Graduate Check-In Table (MANDATORY) next to the Bear Fountain on Friday, May 29 between 4:30 p.m. and 5:55 p.m. to pick up the following before lining up in the Quad
- your graduate information card
- a commencement program
- an "I'm Transferring" button, if applicable
Those that did not attend rehearsal MUST also stop at the graduate Check-in table to:
- have their graduate information card checked
- pick up a commencement program
- an "I'm Tranferring" button if applicable