Please follow THE 10 Steps when developing a New or Reactivating club or organization:
- Recruit full or part-time faculty member or full time staff member to be your Advisor. Groups can have up to two advisers. Without an advisor your club can not meet!
- Need to have a minimum of 4 members plus 3 officers (president, treasurer, and Inter-Club Council Representative) to be an official club at Napa Valley College. Your core 7 members must be NVC students. Members after the 7 can only be NVC students, staff or faculty.
3. Review Inter-Club Council Constitution. Attend the Advisor/Club President Training on February 5, 2013
from 12:30pm-1:30pm located in The Cultural Center. If you are unable to attend the training scheduled
for that day, contact the Coordinator of Student Life to schedule a training.
4. Reserve a place on campus to meet.
5. Advertise club meeting around campus.
6. Begin meeting as a group.
7. Complete Club Constitution
8. Elect Officers
9. Complete Agreement of Responsibility for Financial Accounts and Facilities usage.
10. Drop off paperwork to Student Life office is located in RM 1342
Frequently asked Question and Answers on ways to be a successful Club
Q. How do we recruit more members?
A. It is best to pick meeting times that are the same every week. Advertise club meetings on Campus Events Bulletin Boards. Participate in CLUB RUSH. This 2 to 3 day event is during the 3rd or 4th week of school. The times are noon to 1:30 in the quad. Consider making mini flyer's that you can hand out to fellow students inviting them to your club.
Q. What do we do if we want to change our club leadership or advisor?
A. To change a clubs leadership, for example the club president or advisor, the club must hold an offical meeting, which is advertised. At the meeting, the club must have a typed agenda with discussion and action section. Then the club must have its seven core club member present along with the advisor to make a vote. Once the club leadership has changed, please inform the Student Life/ASNVC Office.
Q. What happens if we cannot pay our bills?
A. If your club cannot pay your bills such as Facilities costs from an event or reimbursement to a fellow club member, the club will be suspended. The club will then need to develop a contract laying out how they plan on earning the money. The president, treasurer and club advisor will need to sign the contract, along with the Coordinator of Student Life and the Vice President of Student Services.
Q. What happens if we no longer have 7 club members?
A. At the beginning of each semester and when a club starts to form, they have 6 weeks to find 7 core members. If your club cannot hold 7 active members, then your group will need to stop meeting as a club until next semester.
Q. How can I reserve the Cultural Center
A. Visit the Student Life / ASNVC Office or Call (707) 256-7342
Q.* How can I reserve a campus classroom for Club Meetings?
A. Visit Student Life/ ASNVC Office and complete Reserving A Campus Classroom form.
Q. *How do I go about setting up tables in the Quad?
A. Visit Student Life/ ASNVC Office and fill out the Application for Use of College Facilities NVC Clubs and ASNVC Student Request Form. This form must be filled out at least 7 days prior to the event.
Q. *How can my club plan a dance on campus?
A. Follow the guidelines for Large Campus Event Planning.
Q. *How can I reserve the GYM?
A. Visit the Student Life/ ASNVC Office and fill out the Application for Use of College Facilities NVC Clubs and ASNVC Student Request Form. This form must be filled out at least 7 days prior to the event.
Q. *How can I reserve Tables, Chairs, and Sound Equipment?
A. Visit Student Life/ ASNVC Office and fill out the Application for Use of College Facilities NVC Clubs and ASNVC Student Request Form and the Media Request Form. Both forms need to be completed 7 days prior to the event.
*All facilities paperwork must be signed by club advisor, Coordinator of Student Life, and Vice President of Student Services.