Napa Valley College offers two ways to order official transcripts:
Holiday Information: The Admissions & Records Office will be closed as of noon on 12/18/2015 and will not return until 1/4/2016. No transcripts will be processed during this time. In-person rushed transcript orders will only be accepted up unitl 5 pm on 12/17/2015 and will need to be picked up before noon on 12/18/2015. Thank you!
Credentials, Inc. (An online service via a secured website)
In-Person Transcript order (Order form is available at the Welcome Center forms display in the Office of Admissions & Records.) Please note that transcript requests that are held for
pick up will be disposed of if not claimed within a period of 3 months from
date of transcript issue.
Special note for fall 2015 grade posting:
- All submitted final grades for the Fall 2015 semester will be posted on transcripts by JANUARY 8TH 2016. Please verify through WebAdvisor that your grade(s) for the Fall 2015 semester are posted BEFORE placing your order.
- If grades are not posted please SELECT to have your transcript request HELD AND RELEASED AFTER THE Fall 2015 GRADES ARE POSTED.
- HELD ORDERS FOR GRADES CAN NOT BE RUSH.
- If your grade(s) do not appear on your unofficial WebAdvisor transcript AFTER January 8th please contact your instructor(s).
All Student records are kept in accordance with the provisions of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974. In compliance with FERPA law, Napa Valley College does not accept phone or faxed transcript requests, nor does the college fax or email transcripts.
Order Official Transcripts
Check the Status of Your Online Transcript Request
1. Ordering Transcripts Online
Napa Valley College has retained Credentials Inc. to accept transcript orders over the internet via a secured website. Credentials, Inc. will facilitate your request for a minimal charge (this is in addition to the regular transcript fee and any special handling charges) for up to five addresses per order. The online service offers you the following benefits:
Secure - Ability to pay with a credit card over a secure internet website.
Hassle-free - No trip to the college campus necessary.
Informative - Notifies you by e-mail or fax as your request is processed.
Tracking - Allows you to track your transcripts progress online.
If you have questions about the process or encounter any difficulty in entering your order, Credentials, Inc. Customer Service representatives are available from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm on Monday-Thursday and from
7:00 am to 5:00 pm (CST/CDT) on Fridays. Their Customer Service number is 847-716-3005
Processing Time for Official Transcripts Ordered Online is:
Fees for Transcripts Ordered Online:
Regular transcript orders are processed approximately 5 – 7 business days from the time the order has been made and the authorization signature page has been received by Credentials, Inc. The authorization signature form is available at the end of your order, to print or have emailed to you.
- Rush Service transcripts are sent by USPS mail the next business day. If requested, transcripts can be picked-up in the Admissions and Records Office the next day after 12:00 (noon) on Monday - Thursday or between 9 am and noon on Friday. Please bring photo identification at time of pick-up. Transcripts will not be released without photo identification.
- All transcript orders are sent via regular USPS mail
Regular transcripts are $4.00 per transcript.
The Rush service fee is $10.00 for up to five, plus $4.00 per Transcript
If you cannot pick up your transcript and would like someone else to pick it up for you, please fill out and sign the Transcript Authorization of Release Form
to give it to the person picking up the transcript for you. They will be asked for photo identification at the time of pick-up. Transcripts will not be released without photo identification.
IGETC and CSU General Education Requirements:
Rush service is not available if you need an Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) Certification or a California State University General Education Requirements (CSU) Certification with your transcript order. These will only be mailed directly to the college or university listed on the request and cannot be sent to a home address. Processing time for IGETC and CSU-GE requirements requests is approximately 10 – 15 business days. Before requesting one of these two certifications, it is highly recommended that you check with a counselor to determine which, if any, of the two options is best for you. Choosing a certification could delay the processing of your transcript.
If you were a student prior to 1978 transcript processing will take three to four weeks and the rush transcript service is NOT available for these records.
If you are ordering transcripts that require current term grades, please indicate that you want them HELD and sent after final grades are posted. Rush service is NOT recommended for these orders.
If you have an outstanding debt with the college, you will need to clear it BEFORE your transcript will be released. Please contact the Business Office at (707) 256-7188
to make arrangements to pay your account.
Ordering Transcripts In-Person:
Transcript request forms are available in the Admissions and Records Office located in the 1300 McPherson/Administration Building. The first two copies of your official transcripts are free of charge, but they must be ordered in-person ($10.00 charge still applies if rush service is needed-see below for details).
Processing Time for Official Transcripts Ordered In-Person is:
- Rush Service transcripts are sent by mail the next business day, or if requested, can be picked up the next day after 12:00 noon in the Admissions & Records Office. Please bring photo identification at time of pick-up. Transcripts will not be released without photo identification.
- All transcript orders are sent via regular USPS mail