Starting the Spring 2015 semester, the $46 per credit unit enrollment fee has been waived by the NVC Board of Trustees. Concurrently enrolled high school students may enroll in credit classes at NVC for FREE. All other non-enrollment/general student fees must still be paid.
*Please be advised that high school students who are currently enrolled in the tenth grade or higher or who are at least 15 years old may take college courses for college credit at Napa Valley College with permission from their high school principal and a parent of guardian.
High School Student Checklist
Step 1 Apply Online
Step 2 Search for Sections
Visit the WebAdvisor page and go to the "Search for Sections" link on the left hand side of the main menu. When prompted, insert the term and subject of interest and hit submit. This will take you to a listing of all the current classes available for that specific term and subject including: time of day, instructor, days of the week that the class will meet, class start date, etc. Take note of this information for the specific classes you are interested in and include the section number (also known as synonym) for registration purposes.
Step 3 Complete the High School Permit to Attend
Complete the High School Permit to Attend form, available online. Make sure all signatures are included: Student, Parent, and Principal and bring it in person to the Admissions and Records Office. If any signatures are missing, you will not be able to register for classes.
- A High School Permit to Attend form is needed each term you wish to enroll in college courses while you are in high school.
- You may only register or add courses that are listed on your Permit to Attend Form. If you wish to add a class not listed on the Permit to Attend Form, you must complete another form.
- If you are enrolling in a PE course, you must obtain an add card from the instructor on the first day of class, along with a signature from the Dean of Physical Education.
Step 4 Additional Paperwork, if necessary
Enrolling in a course that has a prerequisite:
- If you have taken the NVC prerequisite required for the course while you were in High School, fill out the Prerequisite Equivalency Petition available online. You will need to attach a copy of your High School Transcript and bring it to the Admissions and Records Office.
- If you have not taken the NVC prerequisite required for the course you wish to enroll in, you will need to bring a copy of your High School Transcript and meet with a Counselor to complete a Prerequisite Challenge Petition.
Step 5 Register for classes
If you have any questions about Napa Valley College courses or programs including transfer to the University of your choice, please consult a Napa Valley College Counselor after you have completed the application. Please be aware of all deadline dates by checking the Admissions & Records Calendar and adhere to all college rules and regulations. NVC Student Services staff and faculty are here to serve you, so do not hesitate to ask for help. *Note: Students who are 15 years of age or in the 10th, 11th, or 12th grades may attend Napa Valley College with approval. Students may also take up to 11 units of college credit per semester pursuant to California Education Code 76001(d).