Evaluation of Transcripts 

Napa Valley College accepts many lower division college or university units earned at other accredited institutions. These transferred units may be used to satisfy graduation requirements. Official transcripts should be sent to:

Napa Valley College
Admissions and Records Office
2277 Napa-Vallejo Highway
Napa, CA 94558
ATTN: Evaluations

The Admissions and Records Evaluator will determine eligibility for, and extent of, credit. In general, there is no limit to the number of units a student may transfer to Napa Valley College. Courses may be used to meet degree requirements at Napa Valley College even if they have been used to meet requirements at another college or even if they are several years old. Napa Valley College does not grant college credit for courses completed at non-accredited colleges/universities, for life experiences or for upper division courses. See the graduation requirements for further information.

Military Service Credit 

Veterans may receive credit for military service by submitting their official separation papers (Form DD214) to the Admissions and Records Office. A minimum of six months of service, including basic or recruit training, and an honorable discharge entitles the veteran to 2 units of health education, and 2 units of physical education. Those with more than one year of service may receive an additional 4 units elective credit for military service.

In-service training and U.S.A.F.I. course scores are evaluated on an individual basis. Students should submit the appropriate papers during the first semester of enrollment to the Evaluator in the Admissions and Records Office.

International Evaluations 

Students who attended schools in other countries will need to get their transcripts evaluated by an international evaluating service.  Napa Valley College recommends using World Education Services (WES). For more information on WES, contact their San Francisco office at (415) 677-9378 or visit their website.