Applications for the 2015-2016 academic year
are now available!
Click here for the SSS TRiO 2015-2016 Brochure
Click here for the 2015-2016 SSS TRiO Application
Student Support Services (SSS) TRiO is a Federally funded program dedicated to helping 180 Napa Valley College students. The grant serves income-eligible, first-generation students, and individuals with disabilities according to ratios and guidelines set by the federal government. Students must show intent to complete a degree or certificate program and transfer to a four-year institution. Eligible students who are committed to their college education and willing to participate will be offered enriched services designed to help them meet their educational goals.
- Academic Advising: An Education Plan leading to Graduation and/or Transfer will be created and updated with a qualified Counselor or Student Specialist.
- Counseling: Academic and supportive counseling; early assistance for registration; follow up on mid-semester evaluation reports.
- Social and Cultural Activities: Participation in theatre, multicultural, and academic events.
- College Transfer Assistance: Individual planning for admission, application, and transition to four year colleges and universities.
- Financial Aid: Assistance with filling out the FAFSA application. Help with scholarship searches and applications.
- Financial & Economic Literacy: Learn about managing your money, saving for college, developing a budget, ways to save money and much more.
- Counseling 97 Class: All new students are required to enroll in COUN 97 or take another counseling course approved by the program.
- Tutoring: Academic Mentors are available in a wide variety of subjects.
What are the eligibility requirements?
The grant requires that applicants must meet the following criteria set by the U.S. Department of Education:
- Be a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be within Federal Income guidelines and/or
- Neither parent or guardian has graduated from a four-year college
Candidates must also:
- Provide required income and residency verification
- Submit all documents requested by SSS TRiO staff
- Sign a mutual agreement contract to participate fully in the program
- Be in good academic standing
- Earn a degree or certificate and transfer to a 4-year institution
How to Apply:
If you are a student or if you are a staff member/instructor/counselor who identifies a student whom you believe may benefit from our services, please call us at 256-7350 or visit us in our office, building 1300 office 1333. We will screen for Federal guidelines to determine eligibility.
- Submit a completed 2015-2016 SSS TRiO Application
- Submit a copy of your parent(s) or guardians SIGNED 2014 Federal Taxes
For questions, please call SSS Secretary, Renee Coffin at 707-256-7350.
Where to find an application:
SSS TRiO Applications for the 2015-2016 academic year will be available April 15 . SSS TRiO applications can be picked up in the following locations: Admissions & Records, Welcome Center, Counseling Center, Financial Aid/EOPS, Learning Services Department, SSS TRiO Office 1333, and applications can be printed and submitted to our SSS TRiO Office.