Congratulations on Your Award!
Napa Valley College Scholarship Program Ceremony Instructions
The Scholarship Ceremony is held to honor the many fine students who have received scholarships. We strongly encourage you to adjust your schedule in order to attend this event. Many donors will attend and they like to meet the students who were selected for their scholarship.
FIRST THINGS FIRST
1. THANK YOUR DONOR – Write a thank you letter for each scholarship you are awarded. Stationary is available in the Financial Aid Office, Room 1132. In legible handwriting, put the name of the scholarship on the envelope, with your name in the upper left corner. Postage is not necessary as thank you cards will be forwarded to the donor. It is important to keep donors aware of the part they play in maintaining an effective scholarship program, and your written appreciation positively affects the future of this program. Please bring your thank you cards to the Financial Aid Office, no later than Thursday, May 19.
2. RSVP (Respondez s'il vous plait) – Please respond by email whether or not you plan to attend the ceremony to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday, May 19.
3. ATTEND THE CEREMONY AND RECEPTION - Performing Arts Center (PAC) Main Theater, Building 100 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm on Thursday, May 26, 2016. Students may receive scholarship checks at the ceremony or at a later date. Anyone not attending the ceremony may pick up their scholarship packet at the Financial Aid/EOPS Office from Friday, May 27 until Tuesday, May 31. On Wednesday, June 1, remaining packets will be mailed to students.
NOTE - Parking enforcement will be suspended for the ceremony,
recipients and guests do not need to purchase parking permits.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
Because there will be donors and prospective employers in the audience, we suggest you dress as if you were going to a job interview.
- Check-in at the PAC Lobby on May 26 between 5:15 and 5:45 pm.
- Bring a government issued photo ID with you to receive your award packet.
- Family and friends are welcome. Refreshments are provided following the ceremony.
If you have any questions please call (707) 256-7306.
Congratulations and we will see you on May 26th at the Performing Arts Center!