Employment Application Instructions
- The Vacancy Announcement provides a description of the job and the application procedure – you must submit all the requested materials and sign the application in order for your packet to be considered complete.
- The applications are available to complete online, print out, sign, and mail or deliver with the other required materials.
- The supplemental questions pertaining to the specific job are an important part of the application. Please type your responses to the questions on a separate sheet of paper.
- A resume or curriculum vitae cannot be substituted for the official Napa Valley College application.
- Application packets may also be picked up at the Human Resources office on the Napa campus, or call 707-256-7107 or email email@example.com to have one mailed to you.
- We must adhere to the closing deadline of each position. The application must be in the Office of Human Resources (not post-marked) by the deadline. Faxed and/or emailed applications are not accepted and cannot be faxed to you.
- Individuals applying for more than one position must submit all materials for each position.
- The college does not return or copy application materials.
- After the filing deadline, a selection committee of representatives from various constituency groups on campus is established. All applications will be reviewed by the committee to determine the most qualified candidates based on the materials submitted.
- Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by telephone; others will receive a letter in the mail. All applicants will be notified.
- Any expenses incurred in connection with the initial interview will be the responsibility of the candidate. If a second interview is required for a faculty or administrative position, the college will reimburse certain expenses.
- Interviews will be conducted by the selection committee.
- Reference checks will be conducted on the final candidate(s).
- Once an offer is made, the hire is final after Board of Trustees approval.