Items to fall under the organization
· Service as liaison with the Chancellor, campus President and other campus constituent groups.
· Appointment of Classified Staff on campus committees that review non-restrictive policies, procedures, practices and needs assessments.
· The designation of the voice of Classified Staff with regards to shared governance.
· Development and implementation of Classified Staff professional development including: the facilitation of the Classified Staff Development committee, in-service training, and the facilitation of the Classified Staff Mentoring and Scholarship committees.
· Development and implementation of all social events and activities for Classified Staff
· Wages, hours and working conditions
· Binding arbitration for grievances
· Contract out-of-bargaining unit work
· Discipline procedures
· Discrimination because of sex, religion, race, sexual orientation, etc.
· Early retirement incentives
· Grievance procedures
· Health care plans
· Hours of work
· Job or duty descriptions; reclassifications
· Layoff effects or order, reemployment
· Leaves of absence
· Negotiation ground rules
· Overtime assignments/out-of-class work
· Personnel file entries and issues
· Promotion procedures
· Reduction of hours; decision and effects
· Release time
· Appointment of Classified Staff on hiring committees, the Classified Classification committee, the Negotiating committee and any other committee that reviews bargaining issues pertaining to wages, benefits or working conditions.
Non-Voting Liaison Positions
· Serving as a liaison between the NVC-ACP and the Classified Senate, the current NVC-ACP President shall serve as a non-voting member of the Classified Senate Executive Board.
· Serving as the liaison between the NVC-ACP and the Classified Senate, the current Classified Senate President shall serve as a non-voting member of the NVC-ACP Executive Board.