Napa Valley College
Employee of the Month
Guidelines and Nomination information
Purpose of the Award
The purpose of the Classified Professional Employee of the Month (EOM) is to recognize outstanding Classified Professionals at Napa Valley College who embody the College’s standards for excellence and innovation.
To acknowledge those employees who show exemplary individual achievement, contribution, and performance in their jobs and other related duties beyond their own offices.
To acknowledge those whose efforts have inspired and supported the performance and achievement of others.
To provide awards to such employees by a means that is fair, with equal consideration of all eligible staff, regardless of the level of responsibility within the College.
To provide monthly recognition of a NVC Classified Professionals who demonstrates:
· A positive attitude toward work responsibilities, co-workers, and customers, and serves as a role model for others;
· Commitment to quality in carrying out job responsibilities, and is an asset to the Napa Valley Community College District;
· A willingness to exercise servant-leadership, take initiative, and accept and carry out additional responsibilities beyond regular job assignments (within job description) for the good of the campus community as a whole.
Name of the Award
The name of the award shall be the “Classified Professional Employee of the Month”.
Who is eligible?
All active Classified Professionals employed by Napa Valley College. This includes regular full-time and regular part-time employees working in any classified position. Employee of the Month awards may be earned once in a two-year period.
Who can nominate an employee?
Any NVC employee, student, and community member may nominate any Classified Professional—excluding self-nominations.
What is the process?
Notification will be sent to All Staff via e-mail to inform them, nominations are being accepted. Nominations are reviewed by the committee (created by the Classified Senate Board) and, if nominee is not selected right away, he/she will be kept in the pool for one calendar year from receipt. The committee likes to have a balance from the campus community, so it is not a reflection on the employee nominated if they are held for a while. Special circumstances are considered by the Committee for requests to be honored at a specific date.
What points should I consider in nominating an employee?
· Contribution to success of students and/or fellow employees.
· Demonstrations a commitment to the mission and goals of the institution.
· Has a quality, such as: dedication, cooperation, has initiative.
A candidate for the award must meet the following criteria:
· Nominee must be a regular full-time or regular part-time employee working in a classified position at Napa Valley College
· Must have been employed for at least one year
· Can be employed at any of NVC’s physical locations
· Has not been selected as Employee of the Month within the past two years
· Has a positive attitude toward work responsibilities, co-workers, and customers, and serves as a role model for others
· Is productive, exhibits commitment to quality in carrying out job responsibilities, and is an asset to the staff of his/her department
· Is willing to take initiative, and accepts and carries out additional responsibilities beyond regular job assignments.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact any of the members of the Classified Senate.