Examen de Colocación para Clases de Inglés como Segundo Idioma
The CELSA (Combined English Language skills Assessment) is for students with whom English is not their first language. The test consists of 75 questions and is timed at 45 minutes. The results will determine the appropriate ESL course placement.
The CELSA PLACEMENT TESTING IS OFFERED YEAR-ROUND ON A DROP-IN FIRST COME/FIRST SERVE BASIS
Appointments are NOT necessary
You must have applied for admission to Napa Valley College at least 24 hours prior to testing and you must bring a picture ID.
Students can drop in for their test Monday through Thursday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm & Friday 8:00 am - 10:00 am. Students who wish to take both the CELSA and math tests on the same day must start no later than 4:00 pm Monday through Thursday.
Guidelines for Placement Testing:
· Pictured ID is required. A Napa Valley College student ID, passport, driver's license or another school’s students ID are all acceptable forms of picture ID.
· No food or drinks can be taken into the testing room.
· No Children are allowed to accompany individuals into the examination rooms; nor are unattended children allowed to remain alone in the Testing and Tutoring Center.
· No electronic devices such as cell phones, MP3 players and pagers can be taken into the testing room.
· The Testing and Tutoring Center (TTC) is a quiet zone. Please take special care as you arrive and leave to maintain that quiet atmosphere.
· If a student violates the TTC’s directions or guidelines the staff has the right to stop and/or refuse to administer the placement test and the score will be invalidated.
· Daily parking stickers are required and may be purchased from the meters located throughout the parking lot.