You must have applied for admission to Napa Valley College at least one hour prior to testing and you must bring a photo ID.
The TTC is closed on Fridays during the Summer.
DROP IN HOURS:
Monday - Thursday
|Friday||NO DROP INS|||
|Saturday & Sunday
NO DROP INS
Drop in placement testing hours are Monday - Thursday from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm & Friday 8:00 am - 10:00 am.
If a student wishes to take only one test (only Math OR English), they must arrive by 5:00 PM Monday - Thursday ONLY.
Testing is done year-round.
Scores are received and given to the
student immediately after testing.
IF YOU HAD/HAVE AN IEP OR 504
PLEASE SEE LEARNING SERVICES PRIOR TO TESTING.
IF YOU HAVE A DOCUMENTED DISABILITY,
PLEASE SEE LEARNING SERVICES.
IF YOU ARE AN NVC DSPS STUDENT,
PLEASE INFORM STAFF UPON YOUR ARRIVAL.
The Testing and Tutoring Center is conducting a survey to evaluate our placement process. Please take a few minutes to complete our survey.
If you have taken a placement test at another institution within the last three years, you may bring a copy of your placement results to the Testing and Tutoring Center for translation. Translation of placement scores are done by the Testing and Tutoring Center Specialist and take two business days to translate. Please be aware that not all placement results translate to Napa Valley College courses, therefore a placement test may still be required.
· Pictured ID is required. A Napa Valley College student ID, passport, driver's license or another school’s students ID are all acceptable forms of picture ID.
· No food or drinks can be taken into the testing room.
· No Children are allowed to accompany individuals into the examination rooms; nor are unattended children allowed to remain alone in the Testing and Tutoring Center.
· No electronic devices such as cell phones, MP3 players and pagers or personal items can be taken into the testing room.
· The Testing and Tutoring Center (TTC) is a quiet zone. Please take special care as you arrive and leave to maintain that quiet atmosphere.
· If a student violates the TTC’s directions or guidelines the staff has the right to stop and/or refuse to administer the placement test and the score will be invalidated.
· A daily parking permit costs $2 and is purchased from one of the various kiosks throughout the parking lots. The kiosks do not provide change and accept exact cash only. Parking tickets will be issued to vehicles parked in the Visitor Parking for longer than 30 minutes or vehicles parked without a permit.