ENGLISH, MATH AND ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL) PLACEMENT TESTING IS OFFERED YEAR-ROUND ON A DROP-IN FIRST COME/FIRST SERVE BASIS
Appointments are NOT necessary
You must have applied for admission to Napa Valley College at least 24 hours prior to testing and you must bring a picture ID.
IF YOU HAD/HAVE AN IEP OR 504
PLEASE BRING IT WITH YOU.
IF YOU HAVE A DOCUMENTED LEARNING DISABILITY,
PLEASE BRING DOCUMENTATION WITH YOU.
IF YOU ARE A DSPS STUDENT,
INFORM STAFF UPON YOUR ARRIVAL.
Monday - Thursday
Friday, Saturday & Sunday
Placement testing starts at 8:30 am Monday through Thursday. There is no placement testing on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays. Students who wish to take both the English/ESL and math tests on the same day must start no later than 4:00 pm. Students who wish to take only one of the tests must start no later than 5:00 pm.
The Testing and Tutoring Center is conducting a survey to evaluate our placement process. Please take a few minutes to complete our survey.
If you have taken a placement test at another institution within the last three years, you may bring a copy of your placement results to the Testing and Tutoring Center for translation. Translation of placement scores are done by the Testing and Tutoring Center Specialist and take one business day to translate. Please be aware that not all placement results translate to Napa Valley College courses, therefore a placement test may still be required.
· Pictured ID is required. A Napa Valley College student ID, passport, driver's license or another school’s students ID are all acceptable forms of picture ID.
· No food or drinks can be taken into the testing room.
· No Children are allowed to accompany individuals into the examination rooms; nor are unattended children allowed to remain alone in the Testing and Tutoring Center.
· No electronic devices such as cell phones, MP3 players and pagers can be taken into the testing room.
· The Testing and Tutoring Center (TTC) is a quiet zone. Please take special care as you arrive and leave to maintain that quiet atmosphere.
· If a student violates the TTC’s directions or guidelines the staff has the right to stop and/or refuse to administer the placement test and the score will be invalidated.
· Daily parking stickers are required and may be purchased from the meters located throughout the parking lot.