Our Department strives to make mathematics accessible and meaningful by employing diverse teaching methods in courses emphasizing vital quantitative skills and qualitative reasoning ability. Our goal is to ensure that all students receive the instruction and support necessary to become confident and successful lifelong learners, capable of achieving their academic and professional goals.
PROGRAM-LEVEL STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Generate and Analyze Graphs
2. Solve application problems
3. Implement Computational Procedures
BASIC MATHEMATICS SKILL COURSE SEQUENCE
FACULTY AND DEPARTMENT INFORMATION
MATH DEPARTMENT COORDINATOR
Shawna Bynum, Room 1030N
Math Department Secretary
Hilary Wardlaw, Room 1031V
- To learn about Math Department full-time faculty or visit their webpages, click here.
- For resolution of course questions and other issues, contact the Department Coordinator.
- To learn more about the NVC MATH CENTER services and hours, click here.
CALCULATOR RENTAL PROGRAM
The Math Department offers a calculator rental program through the McCarthy Library (Building 1700) Circulation Desk. Check WebAdvisor for course description and calculator requirements.
Rent a TI-83+ or TI-84+ calculator for $20 per semester.
CASH OR CHECK ONLY.
The library cannot accept debit or credit cards. Call 256-7400 for details.
Rental Agreements are available at the McCarthy Library Circulation Desk. Rentals require a Napa or Solano County Library Card. If you do not have a library card, you may obtain one by bringing your photo ID with current mailing address to the McCarthy Library Circulation Desk.
Calculators go quickly once a semester is underway so get there early!