Before Logging In To Canvas For The First Time
In order to login to Canvas, you must first be able to login to WebAdvisor. If you are a brand new student to NVC, then be sure you have reviewed the information on the MyNVC help page.
How to Login to Canvas
- Open a web browser and navigate to
- Click on the Canvas icon at the bottom, right of the page.
- Enter your Canvas username. Here is an
example for Brandon Tofanelli, with SID 00048524:
- Enter your password. It is the same password you use for WebAdvisor.
- You will now land at a dashboard view, showing the Canvas courses you are enrolled in. Click on a class icon to view it.
- Be careful that you close out ALL windows/tabs when you are done because you will remain signed in if not. You do NOT want the next computer user to have access to your accounts.
IF YOU CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD IN WEBADVISOR,
THEN YOU MUST USE THAT NEW PASSWORD FOR LOGGING IN TO CANVAS.
and describe your situation in detail.
If you have questions regarding
online training, please contact Brandon Tofanelli at
Online Education At Napa Valley College
Napa Valley College currently offers over 100 online classes. Online education is very different from traditional classroom learning and provides students with a variety of exciting new options for obtaining an education without physically attending regular class meetings on campus. Some of the advantages of online education include:
- You can complete course work anytime of the day or night based on your own schedule.
fully online classes, you don't have to travel to the campus. This saves time and gas.
- You can complete course work from any location that has a computer and Internet access.
- You can read course materials online and review them at your own pace.
- You can get one-on-one attention from your instructor.
- You can attend college and take care of your other obligations at the same time.
- You can obtain a quality educational experience with maximum flexibility.
Online education provides a challenging opportunity to learn. Don't think for a minute that there is any less work in an online class. Most students find that online classes are just as rigorous, if not more so, than traditional classes that meet on campus. All of the instructors teaching online classes at Napa Valley College are committed to providing online students with a high quality learning experience.
Online courses are starting all the time. A "hybrid" course is one that meets both face-to-face in the classroom and online. A hybrid class requires that students attend some classes on campus. Many online and hybrid courses follow the regular semester schedule while others are "late-start" classes. Check out the
Napa Valley College schedule to find out more about when classes begin. Students living outside of California within the United States are not eligible to enroll in an online course at Napa Valley College. Students living outside of the United States may enroll as an international student.