Greetings and welcome to the New Academic Year!
I hope your vacations were pleasant! The MESA center is open and your Fall Semester 2014 starts on Monday, August 18th.
Upcoming Events/Important Dates:
- SACNAS and SHPE General Meetings on the 1st & 3rd Tuesday of each month in room 1805 from 12:30-1:30pm
- SACNAS and SHPE Meeting on Thursday, September 4th, from 12:30-1:30 pm in the STEM Multipurpose Room (1805)
- SACNAS General Meeting on Tuesday, September 16th, 12:30-1:30 p.m. room 1805
- STEM Picnic Day on Thursday, September 25th, 12:30-1:30pm Life Science Building (Lawn Area)
- 1st: CSU application opens – closes on Nov 30th
- 10th & 24th: UC Berkeley, College of Environmental Design: Prospective Transfer Student Information Sessions (Attend on your own). Click here for more information.
- 11th to 12th: AMSA (pre-med conference) at UC Davis (attend on your own) registration link:http://www.amsaarcucd.org/
- CSU/UC application lab, personal statement and TAG workshops--Transfer center
- 2014 SACNAS National Conference “Strengthening the Nation Through Diversity, Innovation and Leadership in STEM" in Los Angeles, CA October 16-18 – see Rene Rubio for more details
- Spring Priority Registration will start mid-October students schedule a counseling appointment to meet with your Counselor to create, update or review your educational plan, so that you know which classes you may need to register for Spring.
- Date TBA: PG&E/MESA Leadership Conference (see Rene Rubio for more info)
- Date TBA: UC Personal Statement workshop at the MESA/STEM Center (rm. 1807) 12-1 pm
- 30th to November 3rd: 2013 SHPE National Conference (see Rene Rubio for more info)
- 1-30: UC applications now being accepted!
- 7th & 21st: UC Berkeley, College of Environmental Design: Prospective Transfer Student Information Sessions (Attend on your own). Click here for more information.
- 7th: STEM Transfer Day at UC Davis Space is limited to only 8! (see Rene Rubio)
- STEM Workshops to be conducted by STEM Counselor in room 1807
- Nov. 5th from 12:30-1:30pm STEM Counseling Q&A: On General SEP & Transfer questions
- Nov. 12th from 3:30- 4:30 pm- Scholarship Workshop
- Nov. 19th from 12-1 pm CSU & UC application Q& A workshop
- 26th Thursday: Annual Student Research Presentations from 12:30-1:30pm in the MESA Center LLRC Library Community room 1731
- 10-12th: MESA Leadership Retreat at Happy Valley, Santa Cruz, all expenses covered by the MESA Program (see Rene Rubio)
- 23th: Thursday, STEM Fair, Cafeteria Quad from 11:30 a.m.--1:30 p.m.
- 14th, Thursday: MESA/STEM Awards Ceremony, Library Community Room (1731) from 5 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
*For more details, please contact Rene at (707) 256-7281 or firstname.lastname@example.org