The Napa Valley Community College District is currently requesting applications from individuals wishing to serve as an appointed member of the Board of Trustees until the next regularly scheduled election for governing board members on November 4, 2014. The appointee must be a current resident of Trustee Area 3, which is primarily located in the City of American Canyon between Green Island Road in the north and the Napa County boundary line in the south.
The Board is responsible for the performance of the Napa Valley Community College, which has a current total enrollment of 18,000 and serves 6,500 students by providing vital educational services to the communities in and around Napa Valley.
The board is seeking candidates who have the ability and time to fulfill the responsibilities of being a member of the board, which include:
· Participate fully in the work of the board, which includes attending all board meetings and key college events, studying and discussing policy issues, and participating in trustee education programs
· Be knowledgeable about the communities served by the college and be willing to act on behalf and for the benefit of those communities.
· Be committed to community colleges and their missions; understand educational, social, and economic policy issues.
· Engage in balancing the needs of many diverse groups; be able to contribute to and build consensus.
· Contribute to effective board functioning and support the authority of the board as a whole.
The Board of Trustees Regular meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month.
Please contact the Superintendent/President Ronald D. Kraft, Ph.D., to indicate an interest or suggest possible candidates for the position. Further information and application materials are available from the President’s Office [707-256-7160, firstname.lastname@example.org, 2277 Napa-Vallejo Hwy., Napa, CA 94558].
Applications are due no later than 5:00 p.m. on November 5, 2013. The board will interview candidates on and make the appointment on November 14, 2013.
Ronald D. Kraft, Ph.D.