November 30, 2012
"Your generosity has inspired me to help others and give back to the community. I hope
one day I will be able to help students achieve their goals just as you have helped me."
Shanice Watts, NVC Foundation Scholarship Recipient, 2012
For the last 70 years, Napa Valley College has offered educational opportunities to nearly 200,000 students eager for economic, academic, and personal opportunity. The impact of these services has been immense not only for these students individually but to our community as a whole. Through the ongoing support of community members like you who understand the investment value of the education offered at NVC, this tradition of excellence and open access will continue for many more years to come.
Napa Valley College Foundation plays an important role in ensuring that NVC and its students have the means to realize its services and their own full potential. In the last year alone support received by the NVC Foundation has provided:
- $210,000 in instructional materials and support
- $118,000 in Scholarships to continuing and transferring NVC students
- $10,000 in support for NVC’s McCarthy Library, a partner with Napa County Library
- $57,000 in extended community education such as Shakespeare Napa Valley in downtown Napa and the Napa Valley Writers’ Conference
- support to launch the NVC Alumni Association
Without you, the teaching and learning these figures and activities represent could not occur. We are fully committed to helping our college bound students have success beyond high school and know that an educated community is a richer community, both literally and figuratively.
Please consider a contribution however big or small to NVCF and be part of realizing the dreams of our community and its students.
NVCF Board President
NVCF Executive Director
Please click here for the Annual Fund contribution form